• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Why am I so painfully hungry post-op?! (Rant...help, please!)

thanks! My eldest daughter was really upset that she was on the original picture. I was so mad at her about it hahhahahahahaha I was like, so proud we were in matching dresses for the first time in my mom life....owell. This is me from the beach recently.

I feel for you! Kids can be so weird about pics! I remember getting Very Frustrated many times over their fits about them (I took a Lot of pics, lol). Your new pic is lovely...and matches well with your ticker!! :)

thanks! My eldest daughter was really upset that she was on the original picture. I was so mad at her about it hahhahahahahaha I was like, so proud we were in matching dresses for the first time in my mom life....owell. This is me from the beach recently.
I did love seeing y'all in those cute matching outfits - adorbs!!! But you look so wonderful & relaxed in your new pic. ❤❤

You HAVE TO drink that water, no excuses. And incorporating water into the diet causes a digestive burn 47% greater than normal.

Get a Camelback pouch with a tube. Keep the tube in your mouth and bite it ever 10 seconds.

Not drinking water can harm you. Do some research. You're used to being undisciplined. This is your chance to change your tune.
Very straight forward but you speak facts! There’s really no way or reason to sugar coat this because it’s our new reality. Some of us will learn the hard way (myself included) but eventually we will get it down… as best as we can at least lol.

I get so confused by all the different things different peeps are told to do. We have a camelback, but my dr specifically said no straws for at least a year or two. I guess camelbacks are different as you bite, not suck. I will give it a go, thanks. :) The Dr told me that the one ounce cups should take three sips with 30 seconds between each and 5 minutes between each cup refill. I currently alternate between 1 cup of water and 1 cup of protein drink. I have a timer to help me. Even before this, I was a water drinker and pour from my standard 32 ounce bottle. My goal is to get through 2 of them a day, though I'm not there yet. Haven't been adding in the shakes to the calculation, though I probably should and it'd be easy as they're generally 11oz each.

I have been focusing on water and doing better than I expected, but know that I Need To Do Better. I've read up on it and know how dangerous dehydration is, especially in these circumstances.

As the artificial sweeteners now make me gag, are there any savory things or things without artificial sweeteners that you could recommend to mix it up some?

Hope your jump start to health is going well! Hugs!!
For me personally, a straw made it MUCH easier and quicker to get my intake down. My surgeon said from day one that it’s not a big deal either way so I’ve been using them since I was in the hospital. Causes me absolutely no pain/discomfort. Best wishes!

Back