• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Will it be cold?

Ash-a808

I’ve lost weight before but always gained it back because I could not handle how cold it always felt. I always wanted to be wrapped up in a blanket or when I did go outside I’d be wearing three or four layers. Does this happen after surgery? If anyone knows anything about this please let me know some ways to keep warm. Thank you.

I was, but I’ve adjusted now. It’s definitely nice to have a heating blanket around in the winter and extra blankets. I’ve always slept with socks on, but that’s never changed LOL

I was, but I’ve adjusted now. It’s definitely nice to have a heating blanket around in the winter and extra blankets. I’ve always slept with socks on, but that’s never changed LOL
I hope I can adjust as well. How long did it take you to adjust? I think I will start looking for a quality heating blanket for this winter just in case I get my surgery in September. Thanks for the info!

I hope I can adjust as well. How long did it take you to adjust? I think I will start looking for a quality heating blanket for this winter just in case I get my surgery in September. Thanks for the info!
I had my surgery October 2020, so it’s been a little while. I guess 2 full winters, and I’d lost everything I needed by a year out. That probably makes a difference as well. However, I will say that the heat of the summer gets to me more now than it did before which is kind of weird. I also have thyroid problems and fibromyalgia so my inner heating and cooling systems are already messed up lol

Yes, I am a little bit colder at bedtime, so I use an extra blanket. As someone who was ALWAYS hot and miserable when I was overweight, I gladly welcome being a little bit chilly. Being fat and hot with boob sweat and thighs sticking is no fun! Not to mention all of the health issues that I had. I no longer have pre-diabetes, high blood pressure, and severe body aches and pain. You have to decide which is worse for you: being a little chilly sometimes or being obese and unhealthy.

This July I’ll be 2 years out from VSG surgery. I definitely get cold easier. I wear socks to bed and sleep with a minky blanket in summer. In fall, winter, and spring I use an electric blanket.

I hate being cold but kinda used to it. My wife keeps the thermostat at 65 degrees year round. I keep a blanket by my chair in the living room. I imagine it will get worse after weight loss.

Back