• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wise word of advise

Marshaa

I too am getting nervous I have my gastic bypass this Tuesday the 14th had a filter installed today I don't know anyone that's had this surgery or what to expect anyone have any word of advise for me

Hi Marshaa! Im sorry, Im new to this as well. My surgery is 2 days after yours and I have never heard of a filter, what is it?

I think it's called a ivf filter they installed it thu my neck into one of my main arteries so if I get any blood clots it you stop them from going to my heart or liver. Are you getting nervous and second guessing yourself too?

Hi Marshaa, I'm not having second thoughts about surgery, I'm actually very excited, but I have learned through this forum that the pre-op procedures vary from doctor to doctor. For example, I have never heard of that filter before and I am wondering why my doctor only put me on the liquid diet for one week when it seems like the norm is two weeks.

Hi cristina
Yes I know what you are saying everything you read is different from doctor to doctor. I am also excited to finally have surgery I guess I'm having last minute jitters. My doctor had me on the liquid diet for the past two weeks but I can eat veggies too as long as any dressing I use is under 35 calories and no starches on Monday I have to do all clear diet.

I too am getting nervous I have my gastic bypass this Tuesday the 14th had a filter installed today I don't know anyone that's had this surgery or what to expect anyone have any word of advise for me
Hi Marshaa, you and I will be having surgery on the same day! I wish you all the luck on your upcoming journey!

Praying for both of you Melanie and Marshaa on the 14th. Let us know how you did as soon as you can. Please pray for my surgery on the 16th. I will let you all know how it went.

Thank you cristina for your kind words.
Melanie I wish the best for you it's great that we will all be able to go thu this at the same time and be able to support each other thu are journey and will be able to tell cristina what we have experienced

Thank you cristina for your kind words.
Melanie I wish the best for you it's great that we will all be able to go thu this at the same time and be able to support each other thu are journey and will be able to tell cristina what we have experienced

Got home last nite from my surgery still a little sore I have 12 holes instead of the normal 5. I guess my liver was really fatty and had to work around it. Melanie how did your surgery go?

Hi Marshaa! Im glad to hear you're doing well. I had my gastric bypass on thursday. I am still in the jopital today. My Dr. Is very happy with the results and I feel a little soar too. I had no trouble taking my liquids. I have 5 half inch insitions. I don't feel hungry at all. So far, so good!

Hi Marshaa! Im glad to hear you're doing well. I had my gastric bypass on thursday. I am still in the jopital today. My Dr. Is very happy with the results and I feel a little soar too. I had no trouble taking my liquids. I have 5 half inch insitions. I don't feel hungry at all. So far, so good!
Aw

Awesome
I'm so glad to hear everything went well for you.
This is my second day home I I only had to take some pain meds the first nite I think that was cause it took four hours to get home in traffic eck. I have you been up walking? I was really surprised I thought it would really hurt but just a little discomfort getting into and out of bed the fist time I walked was about five hours out of recovery.

Yes, I started walking the second day in the hopital. I left the hospital yesterday at noon. Dr. Wants me on stage 2 post-op diet tomorrow. Creams, pudding, shakes. Did you start on that already? How did it go?

Praying for both of you Melanie and Marshaa on the 14th. Let us know how you did as soon as you can. Please pray for my surgery on the 16th. I will let you all know how it went.
Cristina how are you feeling? I hope everything went well with your surgery. this is my third day home and it's going great. Let me know how your doing when you get a chance your in my prayers. Marsha

Thank you Marshaa! I am on my4th day home post-op and feeling great! 0 pain, soreness almost gone, insitions are healing very well. I am a little cocerned that I am able to swallow and keep my liquids down with no problem. Im feeling guilty that I can tolerate about 6oz. Of protein shake at once without feeling overwhelmenly full. I wonder if there is something wrong? I asked my nutrisionist and she said there is no problem as long as I take at least 80 gms of protein a day and at least6r oz. Of liquids. I have only lost 17lbs. Including the 12 I lost during the pre-op liquid diet. All together, I started at 210 and I am down to 193. On the good side I am off my high blood pressure and diabetes meds. How are you doing as far as weight loss?

Thank you Marshaa! I am on my4th day home post-op and feeling great! 0 pain, soreness almost gone, insitions are healing very well. I am a little cocerned that I am able to swallow and keep my liquids down with no problem. Im feeling guilty that I can tolerate about 6oz. Of protein shake at once without feeling overwhelmenly full. I wonder if there is something wrong? I asked my nutrisionist and she said there is no problem as long as I take at least 80 gms of protein a day and at least6r oz. Of liquids. I have only lost 17lbs. Including the 12 I lost during the pre-op liquid diet. All together, I started at 210 and I am down to 193. On the good side I am off my high blood pressure and diabetes meds. How are you doing as far as weight loss?
I'm so happy your doing so well. I'm feeling great too. I only eat about half a cup a time about every hour plus all the sipping in between. I too am off my diabetes and high blood pressure meds dosnt it feel good not to have to take them? I'm not sure how much weight I've lost I'm going to wait for my two week follow up on the 30th for a surprise. I'm only supposed to get 60 grams of protein a day but I think the more the better I've been adding dry pwd milk to everything to get that extra protein last nite tomato soup (even added a little cheese) and choc milk I made with sf hot coco mix. How do you feel when you get full? I've got a little tightness in my chest after eating sometimes and I'm wondering if that it. Best of luck. Hope to hear from you soon marsha.

I am glad to hear you're doing great too! I was a little confused, because I don't know what being full feels like now. I can relate to that tight feeling in the stomach, as you describe, so I guess that is it from now on! Lol
I have a one week post-op follow up on friday and that was one of the quedtions I had in mind.

I just got my letter that surgery is approved. Haven't scheduled it yet but am excited. Does anyone else have horrible sciatica or low back pain just doing simple things?

Back