• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wk 3 what do you eat

I've forgotten what stage that is. Is it pureed or soft foods? What did your nutritionist say? Then we can give you some better ideas. Remember a lot of foods that you normally eat can be pureed by adding a little broth to it. I have a mini food process that is perfect for doing that but any food process or blender would work.

Soft foods covers scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, slow cooked chicken, ground turkey or chicken, flaky fish, pretty much any fully cooked veggies. I was not given alcohol guidelines, (except it's best to stick to wine) but I would personally wait at least until you are on a regular diet. And be very careful with what you choose to drink. My cousin tried to have a margarita 3 months out and said her stomach felt like it was raw and burning for DAYS.

Soft foods covers scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, slow cooked chicken, ground turkey or chicken, flaky fish, pretty much any fully cooked veggies. I was not given alcohol guidelines, (except it's best to stick to wine) but I would personally wait at least until you are on a regular diet. And be very careful with what you choose to drink. My cousin tried to have a margarita 3 months out and said her stomach felt like it was raw and burning for DAYS.
Thanks for those details, Missy.

Alcohol consumption too early can impede your overall progress. It's made from sugars, so do the math.

You can always have a mixed drink, swish it around in your mouth and spit it out. Then focus on the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Many members are advised not to drink while eating. My doc never said that so I've always had water, beer or wine with meals. It worked fine for me, but everything I ate or drank was in a tiny portion.

Week three for me was soft solids, like the stuff Missy listed. But as Judy said, you can use a blender or food processor to break down any food.

My favorite meal has always been turkey blended into mashed potatoes and gravy, with a dollop of whole cranberry sauce on top. You blend the turkey into mush first, then add broth or milk, a tablespoon or two of potato flakes and break it all down until it's creamy/chunky. Stir in the cranberries et voila!

Now I'm starving!

Back