• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Won’t do that again!

Suthy

Was busy today and grabbed some left over chicken, while talking on the phone, for a late lunch. I didn’t chew it well. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER I was in so much pain before it finally passed. Chicken was dry and I just reverted back to scarfing food down quickly. Holy crap, I learned a lesson!:oops:

I just ate half of a rotisserie chicken thigh and it got stuck. I counted 50 chews for each bite, but it still got stuck. Holy Toledo, that is painful!! I don't think I want another chicken for the rest of my life. I am going back to protein shakes. I am two weeks post op. I saw my surgeon yesterday and my incisions are healing. She said I could try NON dry chicken, without skin. What a mistake. She also said that I MUST take the PPI for six months. I had stopped taking it post surgery. How can you digest your food without any gastric acid? PPIs cause depression. I felt much better yesterday when I did NOT take the PPI. I hate vomiting. I hate waiting to vomit. Most importantly, I hate depression.

Back