• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Won’t do that again

Suthy

Another check in the ‘Won’t do that again’ box……..dumping. No joke. Had too much grazing at a holiday party with some wine. I got the grips and I got them bad! I am so miserable! Excuse me while I go have a pity party on the toilet…..

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I hear it can be pretty bad. It’s so hard this time of year when there are so many treats, parties, luncheons, potlucks. There is food everywhere! Hope you’re feeling better now. My surgeon asked me why I wanted to switch from sleeve to bypass. I told him it was bc I viewed dumping syndrome as deterrent to my unhealthy eating. I am sure it happens to most people at some point. Don’t beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is another day.

Turns out dumping doesn’t last this long, going into my 3rd day of a GI bug. I’ve lost 5# since Saturday, not exactly how I want that to come off! Powerade Zero sugar is my friend.

Wow. Not dumping syndrome? A g.I bug. That sounds terrible. Did you eat something bad? Not anything I want to go through.

I hope you feel better soon. Keeps us updated on your how you are feeling.

Back