• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wondering

When I lived in North Bend, I worked on the pass and enjoyed the skiing too. When I lived in Port Angeles, I hiked the low divide a couple of times on week-long treks. I fully appreciate your love of those activities. Skiing is wonderful here in northern Arizona and when I get closer to my goal I do want to get back on the slopes.

All my old stomping grounds! But I'm too scared of heights for Alpine, so I stick to Nordic skiing. I'll bet you can't wait to get back out there.

BTW, I've been considering a move to Bisbee, but I hate rattlesnakes and black widow spiders!

I lost 8 during pre-op diet.
7 @ 1st week post surgery.
12 @ 2nd week post surgery
16 over the next 4 weeks
Then 1-2 pounds per week since, with 2x stall weeks during my 5th & 6th months. I'm 3 days from my 7-month mark, and down 70 total.

It is slowing down, but I am okay with that. If it takes another year or two to drop my last 20, fine. Slow is still losing.

BTW I remember looking at the scales with disbelief during the first few weeks as I lost more weight than could be accounted for. According to everything science out there, my starting BMR meant 2200 calories per day to maintain weight. And...to lose each pound requires a caloric deficit of about 3500. So 7 days @ 2200 = 15,400. If eating zero, that should be 15,400/3500 for pounds lost or around 4.4 per week. Yet we all have experienced MUCH higher weight loss spurts, usually right after surgery and when we are doing little else than sitting around and healing. It really makes me question what we think we know about nutrition & weight management.

Hi everyone. I lost 54 lbs in one year with the gastric sleeve. The first 2 months I lost 8-10 lbs a month then it slowed to 1-2 lbs per month. In the past 3 months I have plateaued with small gain of 1-2 lbs per month. The slow down is because I still snack, have head hunger or overeat. The sleeve stops (punishes) my overeating but still figuring it out.

BTW, I've been considering a move to Bisbee, but I hate rattlesnakes and black widow spiders!

Oh, I love Bisbee! We dress 1880's and visit Bisbee and Tombestone a whole lot. When I lose my weight I'll be able to get back into my corset!

Rattlers are kind of a way of life from Tax Day to Octoberfest. My dogs go through training. I always wear my hearing aids.

Tucson has some great doctors and hospitals. The University of Arizona medical school is very well known. You'll be close to good doctors should you need them.

P.S. I graduated from Mount Si High School. Guess that's why I'm fat. I was built to work in the fields. hahaha

Back