• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Woohooooo I'm almost there!

Badgy

This morning the hospital called, I thought it was to schedule the dreaded endoscopy and colonoscopy, but it was to schedule my bariatric counseling meeting! This is the precursor to the final step - the psych eval. (So my Nutritionist didn't diss me after all, yay) Then later this morning endoscopy called and scheduled for later the same day as the meeting! Mammogram March 24th, April 8th wraps up my 90 days of nutrition counseling and that's it! Next call hopefully to schedule a surgery date. :)

Wow... It went SO FAST! Like scary fast.

My stomach will rumble like an earthquake through the bariatric meeting after two days of pre-colonoscopy fasting. Lol. I'm just excited to hopefully meet others locally going through the surgery. It would be so cool to have a local buddy.

Badgy! wow! congratulations! They really are pushing you through! Just think, it'll only be a short time now before your new life begins. Please don't leave us behind. We're always going to be here for you, and the ones who are recently post-op will be especially helpful. Again, wow! it's gonna get real now!

This morning the hospital called, I thought it was to schedule the dreaded endoscopy and colonoscopy, but it was to schedule my bariatric counseling meeting! This is the precursor to the final step - the psych eval. (So my Nutritionist didn't diss me after all, yay) Then later this morning endoscopy called and scheduled for later the same day as the meeting! Mammogram March 24th, April 8th wraps up my 90 days of nutrition counseling and that's it! Next call hopefully to schedule a surgery date. :)

Wow... It went SO FAST! Like scary fast.

My stomach will rumble like an earthquake through the bariatric meeting after two days of pre-colonoscopy fasting. Lol. I'm just excited to hopefully meet others locally going through the surgery. It would be so cool to have a local buddy.
This is GREAT news! I know between the nutritionist and your husband's job loss, you weren't sure if it was actually going to happen. I'm so happy for you. :)

This is GREAT news! I know between the nutritionist and your husband's job loss, you weren't sure if it was actually going to happen. I'm so happy for you. :)
And... He found work today. Yay! It's $5 less an hour and 16 hours less a week, but it's work.

Here's the thing... I'm scared to be happy about both his job and my surgery. His new job is very public and that damn virus is out there. :( Same with surgery, I'm worried hospitals will be understaffed and I'll have to cancel until it all blows over.

Am I just being a worrier?

in his job is he allowed to wear gloves and a mask? that's what i'd do, regardless of anyone's opinion. The only way to stop the virus is to keep yourself from getting it.

but congrats, B. everything is going to be all right. in fact, it's already all right.

And... He found work today. Yay! It's $5 less an hour and 16 hours less a week, but it's work.

Here's the thing... I'm scared to be happy about both his job and my surgery. His new job is very public and that damn virus is out there. :( Same with surgery, I'm worried hospitals will be understaffed and I'll have to cancel until it all blows over.

Am I just being a worrier?
My husband works retail and is out there with the public. I know what you mean about worrying about the terms and viruses he is exposed to. He keeps a bottle of hand sanitizer in his pocket and uses it frequently. You're not over reacting. It's ok to worry. We're human. It's what we do. Just don't let it cripple you. You've got this and we're all here rooting for you!

all hand sanitizer is is 60 percent alcohol and 40 percent some kind of gel--often aloe vera. It doesn't kill germs or bacteria. Alcohol simply cleans an area briefly, as in before inserting a syringe needle.

the only way to be proactive is to wash hands with soap, preferably something antibacterial, though this is a virus and we don't have anti-viral soap, and hot water, every time you touch anything that's been touched by someone else. and then never ever touch your mouth, nose, eyes or ears, or any other opening where there is liquid or mucus that can transport the virus into a warm place where it can bloom and kill.

and i don't think you can worry enough about this virus, or any virus. remember, aids is also a virus, and it cannot be eradicated. in the case of aids, it can only be treated to ease the symptoms.

if covid19 was bacterial, it would have been stopped at the beginning of the pandemic. it's because it can't be stopped that we all have to take the precautions to protect ourselves and the rest of the world. Not contracting it is the only way to stop it, so protect yourself.

Ugh going to the DMV today to get our real I.D. s bet there’s all kinds of different people their and germs.
Went to the VA Wed for pre-colonoscopy stuff and to pickup eye glasses. The opthalmologist coughed and I must have jumped back 6 inches in my chair. Then went to pharmacy and the tech who was gathering my order blew her nose in a tissue that she then set down in the counter in front of her. :eek: I was ready to run screaming out of there! Once you look for it, it's everywhere!! And it's frigging frightening!

in his job is he allowed to wear gloves and a mask? that's what i'd do, regardless of anyone's opinion. The only way to stop the virus is to keep yourself from getting it.

but congrats, B. everything is going to be all right. in fact, it's already all right.
I highly doubt it. Masks really are only for those who are coughing. Wearing a mask can increase your exposure if you don't follow guidelines as to how to properly wear and remove them. If anyone here is going to wear masks as protection, please visit WHO or CDC NHI to learn protocol. Same with gloves. They give a false sense of security and there are strict protocol for donning & removing them.

Back