• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Working out

Tokash

I recently joined a gym, I would like those a bit more but it's really about wanting to build some muscle back...I have lost so much.

However, I'm struggling. I do a 30 min express work out as thats all the time I can squeeze into my day.

I am nauseous, light headed and my balance gets off super easy. With that said my blood pressure tends to run on the low side naturally so some of this does happen. I do plan to follow up with my general doc and have her run my blood work as I never had a 1 year check through the bariatric clinic. I need to also make sure my current meds are not dropping my blood pressure too much.

Anybody have this experience? I am drinking 64- 96 oz of water a day with occasional dips but I do my best to make sure I never go lower than 64.

Are you taking in enough calories to sustain a workout? I had some similar symptoms as I stayed my daily hallway walks the first few weeks after surgery. My pcp (who also had wt loss surgery) advised me to take it easy until my caloric intake increased. Just a thought...

Touching base with your medical team hopefully will help you figure this out. Good luck!

Are you taking in enough calories to sustain a workout? I had some similar symptoms as I stayed my daily hallway walks the first few weeks after surgery. My pcp (who also had wt loss surgery) advised me to take it easy until my caloric intake increased. Just a thought...

Touching base with your medical team hopefully will help you figure this out. Good luck!

Pretty sure. I have actually gained a little recently. I dont track calories firmly anymore but roughly figuring I eat around 1200 a day. I am only working out 2-3 times a week. It also doesn't take much of a work out to trigger this. I was using the rung fut on the switch just doing some targeted muscle work and I felt the same. At the gym it's a combo of cardio and weights.

Yesterday post workout I had protein shake as I was tired. But the rest of the day was my protein coffee. Watermelon and a cheeseburger for lunch. Dinner was egg sandwich(egg, ham and cheese on toast) and half a burger.

Back