• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Yay

MamaBearOf4

9 days and counting down. I am on my 5th day of the pre-op liquid diet. I have done good so far. As the day comes I am not feeling anything but excited. I have got everything done and on the 15th will be the day I join everybody on the other side. I know one of my friends that I know before I started this journey said that I should think of a tattoo to get when I get closer to my weight goal. I still have not thought what I wanted to get. But I am okay with that for now. I just want to get healthy. Life is hard and the best things come to you when you fight through the hardest times. I was scheduled for May 6th before this. But they wanted me to get to the heart doctor before anything and I went through the pre-op liquid diet just to be put on hold. All my doctor's thought that it would take a toll on me. I proved them wrong as I still lost weight real slow but a lose is a lose. I kept all my appointment even with having kids that I have to take with me since they are out on break. I proved to my doctors that I am more determined to keep my head where it is needed. But doing everything for this and taking care of 4 boys and helping my husband. There was days I felt was hard but I remember my mother telling me that I can do whatever I want to do as long as I put the work into it. My mother was not the best person but she made me in to the strong willed, caring, motivated person I am today. I don't give up easy. I push myself to move more when I am in pain. I don't allow pain to keep me down for long. I want at the end of the day that my kids see the strong mother that they have. I want to prove to them even though I am female I am strong and worthy. I have proved to my doctors that I am willing to push past the bumps in the road and work for what I want. My doctor's have all scheduled their last appointments with me before surgery and they are all coming in this next week. Everyone of them are on the same page. When my mother passed I never thought that I could make it this far without her by my side encouraging me to keep going. But I have. My kids and my husband is my main strength and then with the support here and the support of about 4 doctors, 2 therapist and even the team that did the stress test on my heart has pushed me through knowing that I have so many people supporting and wanting to see me succeed made me push through even harder. I want to thank all of you guys for being there for me when I needed it. And believe me when I come out of surgery and I am up and walking. You guys will be the first to know after my kids that is. I see every single one of you as my family. Sisters and brothers in the same fight. As we fight to get healthy and fight to live. You are an extended part of my family. No matter what race, age, sex, or even the stage you are on you will be the family that I will remember that stood behind me through this journey. But as I count down these days I want to remember that you all are here and no matter what i will be here for you guys as well. I may not have as much experience as everyone else but believe me when I say I will be helping the ones to come behind me. Just as you all helped me I will help others as well. 9 days and counting for the day that my life is going to change for the better, for the day that this past 2 months I have been fighting for. And I will inform you all next friday of the time I will have to report to the hospital to get ready for this surgery. I have started to pack my bag. Any suggestion on what I should take with me.

So excited for you!
I wrote this on another post. I went to an amusement/water park with my family last week. I am 56 pounds lighter than last summer when we went. I felt better in my swimsuit, fit in the rides better and survived the 12,000 plus steps we walked better! I did this for myself and my family. I can’t wait to see what it’s like when we go to the amusement park next year!

So excited for you!
I wrote this on another post. I went to an amusement/water park with my family last week. I am 56 pounds lighter than last summer when we went. I felt better in my swimsuit, fit in the rides better and survived the 12,000 plus steps we walked better! I did this for myself and my family. I can’t wait to see what it’s like when we go to the amusement park next year!

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!! :)

I can't wait to just get back to a healthy weight. I love myself but I want to do this so I can do more stuff with my boys. I am constantly going with them and they want to do so much more. I love the thought of doing more with them.

Back