• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Years later...

Hi,

I had my RNY 31 Oct 2004 and I lost 160 pounds. I was doing great down to 205, until I had 6 foot surgeries over four years, could not exercise, went through a second divorce, lost several friends to cancers of one kind or another. Now here it is 2016 and I have gained 40 lbs back to bring me back up to 240 and I am just sick. I am getting ready to have the excess skin taken off (abdominoplasty with a breast lift). I have discussed the possibility of losing the weight again and the skin being loose, would I have to have another tummy tuck. He says no. I'm scared, lonely, and feel like I have resigned myself to being this big the rest of my life. How do I get back on track with my eating? I talk to myself everyday..this is a new day, today I start back on my diet..next thing i know I'm eating candy, or whatever. I pray for strength and courage to do what I need to do. I beg, plead and cry with myself. I don't think I can do this again. I'm hoping that after the surgery and healing that I will love the new look of myself and get it together. Wow! This is probably not what you all want hear or know. Has anybody else gained the weight back? Oh boy. Good night. Sorry if I sound depressing but well, hell I guess I am. Time to see the therapist again.

Hi,

I had my RNY 31 Oct 2004 and I lost 160 pounds. I was doing great down to 205, until I had 6 foot surgeries over four years, could not exercise, went through a second divorce, lost several friends to cancers of one kind or another. Now here it is 2016 and I have gained 40 lbs back to bring me back up to 240 and I am just sick. I am getting ready to have the excess skin taken off (abdominoplasty with a breast lift). I have discussed the possibility of losing the weight again and the skin being loose, would I have to have another tummy tuck. He says no. I'm scared, lonely, and feel like I have resigned myself to being this big the rest of my life. How do I get back on track with my eating? I talk to myself everyday..this is a new day, today I start back on my diet..next thing i know I'm eating candy, or whatever. I pray for strength and courage to do what I need to do. I beg, plead and cry with myself. I don't think I can do this again. I'm hoping that after the surgery and healing that I will love the new look of myself and get it together. Wow! This is probably not what you all want hear or know. Has anybody else gained the weight back? Oh boy. Good night. Sorry if I sound depressing but well, hell I guess I am. Time to see the therapist again.

Don't keep candy and sweets in the house. I started coloring when I'm just sitting, watching TV etc. Are you sure you want to take the skin off now? You don't want to try to lose the extra pounds first? Of course the skin will weigh quite a bit. Your doctor should be able to advise you. It is a new day. That's why it's darkest before the dawn. But dawn does come every day. You said you pray. God hears you. Just say to yourself, "I can do all things through God who strengthens me."

Hi,

Hey girl, I gained alit if my weight back too. I found a great company that has nutritional products that have lots of protien , vitamins, minerals, and nutrients and I have now been taking the weight back off and this time around I actually feel great and have energy while losing. I'm also building some lean body mass which I desperately needed, I list so much muscle when I list the weight so quickly with the surgery!

Back