• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Yogurt

MANDY2910

Ok I have heard a few things about Greek yogurt. Some people are saying it is wonderful and a great source of protein and a good snack. Others are telling me it’s a slider food and should be avoided. Some people say to eat the whole container with is usually just over 5 ounces. Others say weigh out your 3-4 ounces and only eat that. I don’t have a dietician anymore as she quit so as stupid as this question may seem I am genuinely confused. Does anyone have some insight? The yogurt I like is Chobani Zero Sugar. It’s 60 calories and 11 grams of protein for the whole container.

I eat yogurt regularly. Highly recommend it. My dietician recommends Oikos Triple Zero or Oikos Pro. Pro has 20 g protein and is thicker so she said some people can’t tolerate it. I only eat 3-4 oz out of container. I like to mix some dried fruit and/or nuts in.

Ocean Spray makes a probiotic dried fruit mix that I really like. Comes in small blue pouch. It is expensive, but many of the products I buy since surgery are expensive. I guess when I consider how many servings there in package for the amount I can eat, it doesn’t seem so bad.

Back