• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Your numbers, your supplements.

See list in post below.

High-Potency Chewable Vitamins 2 Adult chewable tabs 1x daily
Calcium citrate +D500mg tab3x daily
B-121000mcg sublingual1 tab daily
Vitamin D1000 IU2 caps daily
Vitamin C500mg1 tab daily
Iron27 mg1 tab daily
PB8 probiotic2 capsules1x daily
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM1500/1200/900 mg1 tab daily

Last edited:
Diane my doctor said to do 70 to 80g of protein and 40g of carbs. That is what I have been going on. Has your doctor set you an appointment to get that checked yet. I hope he does so you can get through this. It has to be hard on you. I hate to think that you are hurting or something.

I am reposting this list of supplements I take to compensate for malabsorption. According to my nutritionist, this is the minimum amount I need to stay alive.

Because I was recruited for a University of Washington bariatric surgery study, my health was monitored and my blood was studied in minute detail once every year. My numbers were always fantastic, my BMI went down appropriately with my weight loss, and my health has done a complete turnaround since I had the surgery.

I'm 67 years old and will be 68 in July. I had roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery on August 20th, 2007, making me 12 years out from the surgery. I have had no health problems related to the surgery and like most obese people, I was pre-diabetic and had super high blood pressure. My blood sugar now is normal, as is my blood pressure. I lost 115 lbs in 14 months, which was actually more than I needed to lose, and in the last few years I have gained back about 15 or 20 pounds.

I consume my supplements in four doses between the time I wake up and the time I go back to sleep.

High-Potency Chewable Vitamins 2 Adult chewable tabs 1x daily
Calcium citrate +D500mg tab3x daily
B-121000mcg sublingual1 tab daily
Vitamin D1000 IU2 caps daily
Vitamin C500mg1 tab daily
Iron27 mg1 tab daily
PB8 probiotic2 capsules1x daily
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM1500/1200/900 mg1 tab daily

GM Diane..as always an inspiration to all of us. I look forward to numbers you gave us in you healthy journey. I want to feel better and thus the surgery. I believe this surgery will train my brain and my body will follow. Thinking more about what is important for my body with the choice I have made . I just want to stop all the meds I'm on. Insulin, BP meds(2) and others. I will be 67 on July 22 and dam well want to feel better!!!

I am reposting this list of supplements I take to compensate for malabsorption. According to my nutritionist, this is the minimum amount I need to stay alive.
Marsha191, this is my list which has served me well for 12 years. I'm going to post more information in an effort to answer your other questions.

Back