• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

7 days post op

Hi all ! I am so craving taking a bite out of actual food at this point. Why did i not hear from the groups prior to surgery , that the pain getting in and put of bed was so painful. Its getting a bit easier but oh my goodness my left upper muscle has been the reasons i have cried twice in defeat lol any tips on spicing up the second week post op ? I would love to have any and all support and tips /tricks

Honestly, it does get better. My left side was painful too. It does pass for the most part. Keeping on track with what you're allowed to do and have is a big help. I know I always have looked forward to the next phases of foods to try, etc. Sometimes they go great, some of them not as good. Popsicles when you're allowed them were a huge help for me! Goodpop makes organic ones with no sugar or sweeteners

How long did you have pains like these? My surgery is in 4 days. So I'm trying to prepare myself.
I honestly can't remember exactly. It took a couple of weeks I think to get more comfortable with everything. I've had a couple of surgeries since (my gastric bypass was 12/11/24) to help get rid of scar tissue, etc that caused some of my pain that kept coming back. I actually just had one this past Monday and I'm hopeful it helps again. I really think listening to your team (what to eat, drink and any restrictions) makes a big difference. Also, speaking up and asking questions when you aren't sure of something, etc makes a huge difference. What type of surgery did you opt for?

I honestly can't remember exactly. It took a couple of weeks I think to get more comfortable with everything. I've had a couple of surgeries since (my gastric bypass was 12/11/24) to help get rid of scar tissue, etc that caused some of my pain that kept coming back. I actually just had one this past Monday and I'm hopeful it helps again. I really think listening to your team (what to eat, drink and any restrictions) makes a big difference. Also, speaking up and asking questions when you aren't sure of something, etc makes a huge difference. What type of surgery did you opt for?

I'm having the (Roux-en-Y) gastric bypass surgery this coming Monday. I chose it mostly because of the likelihood of losing the most weight.

Back