• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Colonoscopy

I'm scheduled to have a colonoscopy. I've had colonoscopies before. However, this will be my first one since having gastric bypass. I'm going to be doing the Suprep for it. I'm very nervous about the amount of water (32 oz) that has to be drunk within an hour of a batch of the prep liquid.
Has anyone been thru it post surgery? If so, how did you do?

Yeah, it was really hard for me, but I knew I had to do it so I just stayed at it Ironically, after I went in and they did some kind of assessment, they decided I didn't need it after all & sent me home. I'd had one before and it was unremarkable though it id show I had those intestinal pockets whose name I can't remember now. there's no shortcut. Just keep drinking it.

I totally get why you’re feeling nervous about the prep! The 32 oz can seem like a lot, especially after surgery. When I had to do it, I just took it slow and sipped on it little by little. Maybe try to break it down into smaller amounts and set a timer to keep yourself on track. And if you can, make sure to stay close to a bathroom! Hopefully, everything goes smoothly for you, and you’ll be able to relax once it’s all done.

Back