• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello everyone

welcome, Elizabeth. I'm glad you're excited. It's really worth being excited about. You can have imaginations and hope for the outcome, but until it happens, you can't fully realize the full breadth of the joy.

So have you been on some kind of preop diet for a while? What are you eating to prepare for the outcome? Most importantly, are you drinking 64 ounces of water daily? That's the best thing you can do, now and in the future. It might seem like a chore, but once you do it for a while, you can't imagine a life where you didn't drink a good amount of water. There are so many benefits. I just wrote a long post about it a day or two ago.

There's a lot of good information in archived posts, which you can access by using the search feature, above. The group has had some spam trauma and it's been quiet for a while, but I hope everyone will jump in and start some conversations. If you ask some questions, that would help!

But again, welcome to your group. We're glad to meet you.

Hello everyone,

My name is Elizabeth, and I just joined the forum! I have surgery (sleeve) scheduled for October 28th, and I am so excited to get it done finally.
JUST REMEMBER THE SURGERY IS ONLY A TOOL YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE HARD WORK TO MAKE IT A COMPLETE SUCCESS!!! I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST ON YOUR JOURNEY........THERE ARE UPS & DOWNS, JUST DON'T GIVE INTO THE DOWNS & IF YOU FIND YOURSELF STRUGGLING, PLEASE REACH OUT TO SOMEONE ON HERE OR AT YOUR DR'S OFFICE SO YOU DON'T GET OFF TRACK!!!! I'VE HAD ALL 3 PROCEDURES (ONLY AUTHORIZED FOR TWO!!!!) A LOT OF MEDICAL ISSUES HAVE DEVELOPED BECAUSE OF THEM THAT CAN NOT BE CURED OR TRANSPLANTED......SO FOLLOW THE PROGRAM & MAKE SURE THEY RUN LABS FREQUENTLY TO MAKE SURE ALL YOUR NUMBERS STAY NORMAL & STABLE FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE.......I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU & YOUR JOURNEY.....IT TOOK 17 YRS, TO REACH MY GOAL WT. DUE TO ALL THE MEDICAL ISSUES, IT WON'T TAKE YOU THAT LONG....... ARE THEY DOING IT LAPRASCOPICALY OR OPEN????

Back