• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

(Roux-en-Y) gastric bypass surgery on Monday, October 7th

Is anyone else having their surgery around this time and wants to connect to keep each other going?

I know this is going to be a huge improvement in my life but I'm not as confident in my ability to make all of the permanent changes after surgery. The pre-op diet this week has been encouraging with 1-2 pounds lost each day. I'm just worried about the motivation to keep moving EVERY day over the next few months going into winter.

I am having my surgery on the 10th. Sleeve. I was doing ok the first week, but this second week has been tough. But everytime I look at the pantry, I say " Nope, gotta do it, gotta get healthy again " I think your motivation will get better, as I hope mine will, as the wieght falls off. Going to be an interesting ride, but I think the end result I will be happier, and in less pain. Glad to connect

Is anyone else having their surgery around this time and wants to connect to keep each other going?

I know this is going to be a huge improvement in my life but I'm not as confident in my ability to make all of the permanent changes after surgery. The pre-op diet this week has been encouraging with 1-2 pounds lost each day. I'm just worried about the motivation to keep moving EVERY day over the next few months going into winter.
Im on the 31st.

Back