• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 month check up after surgery

booly

most tests came back great A1c down to 6.3 . have some work to do on iron and vit D levels but every thing looks good. never thought I would have to worry about too little of calories before a workout . good luck to everyone outthere

WOW!! Look at you Mr. Booly man. 45 lb loss in one month. That is Awesome. You are doing great. I bet you are feeling really good now. Tell us about it go ahead and brag. You've earned it for sure.

most tests came back great A1c down to 6.3 . have some work to do on iron and vit D levels but every thing looks good. never thought I would have to worry about too little of calories before a workout . good luck to everyone outthere

CONGRATULATIONS on your loss! WOW you're doing AWESOME!!! :)

Cheyenne

thank you . the weight is coming off but had to stop the gym visits due to blood pressure problems. have done a lot of tests buy no answers yet seeing heart DR. the 9th . getting very frustrated. but reading all the different post helps my spirits alot

update heart dr wasn't much help... still dropping blood pressure 30 to 50 points when standing . next step is compression socks I guess

Booly, I'm sorry the Doctors don't have an answer for you yet, I'm sure this is frustrating and scary. Are you able to walk without fainting or getting dizzy? Do they think it is weight related? Gosh I hope you find out soon why your blood pressure is dropping. I'm guessing you are monitoring at home too is there a pattern to when it drops such as when you get up or if you exercise strenuously or does your BP remaking the same sitting, standing, and lying on your back?

You are still early in your post op are you getting enough fluids and protein?

I wish I could help more. I'll say a prayer for a speedy resolution to your heart problem.
Best wishes
Kt

Gr8k8 finally heard back from surgeon still not sure whats going on....BP not dropping as bad been to the gym the last four days (treadmill bike and weights) dizzy off and on. been getting 70 to 80 oz of fluids and 85 to 95 grams of protein a day. went yesterday and will go sunday for infusion fluids to rule out dehydration. trying to get back to work but can't do it this way. i do check my blood pressure three time a day sitting then standing. my father always told me " Just remember these Doctors are just practicing medicine " . thanks again for listening and any help.

Hey! Look at you go! 45lbs in a month. Congrats on the weight loss!
Hope you get a diagnosis soon and those dizzy spells stop.

Congratulations on your weight loss, Booly! I hope they figure out what's going on with your BP soon! I must remember what your dad said about docs "practicing" medicine - love that!

I have the same problem with my bp and dizziness. I had the sleeve on May 29th and had no problems until this past Tuesday. My surgeon says it is not surgery related and the urgent care doctor gave me fluids and said it must be viral. It is very scary not knowing what is wrong with you! If I find a doctor that can actually help, I'll let you know the results!

Back