• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 week out...

*TC*

well I've hit the one week mark :) Yay me! I'm struggling a bit with the water/fluid intake though, I'm just so bloated. Feels yucky and is keeping me from drinking as a result. The protein shakes are going down just fine, enjoying them to be honest. Starting to miss eating foods though, cooking dinner for hubby is add - it looks good but I don't really feel the urge to eat it.

On a good note, I used to find myself sitting at my desk at work struggling like the devil to not fall asleep while reading notes and being on the phone. Since I've been back to work yesterday and today - no nodding off or feeling like I can't keep my eyes open. Now that is wonderful! :)

I think I hoped I'd feel better in general by this point but I just feel kinda blech.

Congratulations on your surgery and the start of your journey. One suggestion, have your husband make his own dinner. Tell him, I said so.

LOL, that was a good chuckle. I don't mind really. He's been a super help and support all this week ( and up to now too) with all he's doing around the house that I can't just yet.

I think I'm finding out that bloating is coming from using milk in my shakes. I tried them today with just water and it's been a better day so far. Not quite as tasty this way but alas I have to pick the lesser of two evils to deals with.

I did Karenina :) I only had a limited amount of time off to use plus I work a desk job that I have the great fortune of being able to do from home. So technically I'm back on the payroll as of 8/12 but I'm not actually venturing into the office until the week of 8/26. My office is an hour from home and my doctor wants no more than 20-25 minutes in the car during the first 3 weeks if absolutely possible. If I didn't have the ability to work from home I would have had to take more time off I guess. Honestly though by the Monday that I started back it felt good to kind of get back into my work routine and take my mind off the discomfort.

Oh, I just thought you were superwoman. :) I, too, work at a desk job and my doc told me 2 weeks plus an extra week for the gall bladder I'm having taken out. I was hoping to go back a little bit earlier.....

LOL, I'm certainly not superwoman. Sorry to hear you have to get your gall bladder out too. That's like insult to injury. :( I hope you have a speedy recovery from both. My surgeon and PCP are pushing me to push my GYN about getting the softball sized fibroid removed now. I've been kinda telling her it should be done for the past 2 years but she was concerned about my weight...now the surgeon feels it's going to be more of an issue as I lose weight. Can't win.

Back