• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 week Post Op! New Here :)

wyndimarie

‎1 week after surgery... everyone seems so suprised to see me up & around... I'll admit last week was rough... several different emotions/feelings/pains etc, & lots of sleep but this week is so much better... down 50lbs total since July 2012 (8lbs since surgery)

wyn-Welcome to the forum and congratulations on having your surgery. It's good to hear you are doing so well just 1 week post surgery. Make sure to keep coming to the forum to let us know how you are doing and to help others who are facing their surgeries and related issues.

Hi wyn, welcome to the club. I'm one week out from surgery myself. I have been very blessed, I haven't had any issues at all. In fact I go out for a walk, up to a mile already, once or twice a day. Just goes to show that everyone reacts differently. I'm ready to move on to the next step and add all types of liquids. That will be very nice. Keep in touch and we can track our milestones together.

Hi Wyn, Welcome to a great bunch of supporters. Congrats on your surgery and recovery. Thank you for posting how you feel and such a quick recovery. Take care and its a pleasure to hear from you. Keep us posted. Welcome to you too, Fkrebs. I am so glad for both of you. That gives us newbys going through the process of getting ready some positive energy.

Hi,
I am also one week out of surgery. I am allergic to all of the protein drinks so I am living on greek yogurt, cream of wheat and broth. I feel great. Only a little cramping when I eat cold food or drink cold liquids. I had pain only for a few hours after surgery and it was from the gas that somehow traveled to my shoulders. I am so happy that I finally had this done, It took me so long to be comfortable with the idea but now I am settled in and looking forward to my next journey of healthy eating.

Back