• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1 week to go

Beckyd30

I need some help, this liquid diet is really hard for me. My stomach growls all the time it seems. I have tried drinking really slow and drinking really fast - neither helps.

I have kinda been wondering, did anyone else have second thoughts? I am worried, scared, and excited all at the same time. Part of me is having serious buyer's remorse, please tell me it's just the liquids getting to me. I know this will make me healthier, but I am one of the most picky eaters you will find. Just concerned, I won't be able to find something I will like on the other side of this.

It would help to know if you have felt this way before your surgeries too, so I know I am not alone.

Becky the best advise anyone can give you*** is have a happy place***and I mean this with all sincerity. You have to cultivate those things you take joy and pride in i.e. family, church, pets, music, conversation, art, friends. hobbies anything you can put your mind to work. You would be surprised how helpful it is to have a distraction to take your mind off yourself. On the other hand I know some people who have success with relaxation meditation. It is up to you find that place of peace.

I was kinda hoping to find out I am not alone in wondering at this point (1 week to go) if I am making the right decision, or if I am just losing mind from lack of food.

my surgery is next Wednesday, sept 25. I haven't had to do the liquid diet. just the 2 days before surgery clear liquid diet. However im feeling the same way as you. I wouldn't back out of the surgery but I have had my concerns, and doubts. I keep trying to focus on the good things. That I'll be healthier. That I'll be able to get pregnant eventually. I'll most likely walk out, well wheel chaired out of the hospital not having to take insulin anymore. So no you're not losing your mind unless im losing mine along with you. :) I think probably everyone goes through this right before surgery. Just know you aren't alone:eek:

My surgery is next Friday September the 27th.... I have to do a liquid diet just 2 days before, I am excited but scared to death at the same time!!! So many emotions right now!!

I am quite sure all of us wondered if it was a good decision just before surgery, but we are all behind you and know what a difference it has made in out lives. Be brave. You are getting ready to take a different path in life towards better health.

Thank you, this has made the path easier to find. I am just glad I am not losing my mind. Tuesday is coming up so fast, and I feel like I still have a million things to do to get ready. Last weekend was tough since I was all alone at home, this weekend I volunteered for OT at work on Sat and making my brother come over on Sun to help finish cleaning.
Good luck Yorkie and JTDoran, next week we start the new journey to a better life.

Back