• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

10 day liquids

GCooper

Anyone have any tips on surving the 10 day liquid diet before surgery. Im having much anxiety over it. I know how my mind likes to tempt me with things I wont be able to have. Any secrets to getting through this phase! I know I'll do fine with everyones encouragment. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

I haven't had my surgery yet either, but going thru the months of learning, everything is a mind set. I had to tell myself for instance, that if I want my surgery to be successful, I need to let go of the diet cokes. And as addicted to them as I was, I gave them up just like that. Bread too. 2 of the HARDEST things for me to give up. but I did b/c I knew it was tantamount to my wls success. You too can do this! YOu don't have to start the 10 days until Aug 20th right? why not practice a liquied died a day two here and there until then? Just my opinion. Good luck to you! Keep us posted! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I didn't think the pre-surgical diet was bad at all, I felt like I was eating every little while. For my pre-surgical liquid diet I was allowed to have 3-4 LOW CARB protein drinks each day along with 6 servings of the following: 1 cup skim, 1/2% or 1% milk, 1 cup tomato juice or regular V-8 juice, 1/2 cup plain oatmeal, cream or wheat, cream of rice or plain grits (you can use sugar substitutes), 4 oz. sugar free pudding, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, unlimited raw vegetables, unlimited sugar free non-carbonated caffeine free beverages, sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles.

2 days before surgery I could have everything shown above EXCEPT no raw veggies or applesauce. The day before surgery I could have water, apple juice, white grape juice, chicken or beef broth, Gatorade, Jello and popsicles. NOTHING RED!!!

Hi GC and Melissa. I made it through the liquid diet and for me it was kind of gruling but it was well worth it, the worst of it, I thought, was the clear liquid diet the 24 hours prior to surgery but when I woke up in the recovery room all the hunger was gone, and from then on I have only encountered a few bumps in the road but over all I am doing good. You two will do fine, just hang in there. :cool: Tom

Awe! Thanks guys. It really helps being able to talk to someone about this. My instructions are pretty strict for the 10 days but I know I can do it. Thanks again.

Hi first timer here. Just started liquid diet today. Im having 5 Bariatric Advantage shakes and one salad. Did anyone else have that diet? Pat I wouldn't mind having your diet plan. It's my first day and I'm worried about the next 12 days.

Back