• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

12 years this Sept

Weight loss is a life long commitment. If your question is serious then find a program with your doctor and re-commit yourself.

Hi,

I would also recommend seeing either your surgeon or another surgeon if yours is no longer available. The program director at my center was gaining weight after her bypass surgery (about ten years out) and she had a lapband placed which worked. My surgeon has now started doing a surgery that decreases the size of your pouch (outpatient and done through the mouth). WLS has come a long way since you had yours done and there might be some help out there for you. If you don't want to do either of those things there are things like TOPS and weight watchers (both of which offer lots of support). Another option is to go back to your original diet or menus and start over but if you are truly overly hungry one of the options I suggested might be for you. Good luck. Joy

Hi There, I also had mine done in 2001 in Michigan, got down to 138pds from 278, kept it off good until 2010 after losing my husband after years of illiness, and remarried to the greatest cook I started putting on the weight, now at 170, we need to encourage each other, I don't know if any other long term patients are on here, but we can hopefully help each other. I say everyday, today you need to do something, and I don't. Can you eat everything, do you get full anymore? I would love to keep in touch with you, you are not alone, Ms Susie

Hi Ms Susie, sorry I haven't been on in a while. Life gets away sometimes. 15 yr old and 9 yr old twins (all girls) keeps me busy. Plus 40hr work week. They all play softball which keeps us running in and out. I still get full. I don't eat as much as everyone else at the table. They want to eat again a couple of hours later and I'm generally still full. I still get sick if I eat too much. Then I end up sick to my stomach and I end up throwing up until it is all out. Ice cream makes me sick, too much sugar.

Back