• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1st Follow Up Appt & Results ??!!!

robergnm

Well folks, after a rocky start emotionally & w/the hiccups of an obstruction & fluid build up at incision site & contact dermitis from anything adhesive ... ta dah! I'm down 19 lbs and 10% from my highest weight. More importantly, I've seen the BMI number go down!!!

Do things suck at times - yes!
Am I still emotional - yes, but not so much as a week & prior.

The only thing we're trying to figure out is the night sweats.
Yep, another night of a couple of hrs of sleep & waking up a couple of hrs later sopping wet.
Surg suggests making my night meds larger instead of crushing and cutting them down to bits.
Heck, I'll try anything reasonable.

I get to take my generic Zyrtec again so hopefully that should help with all the crazy itching I've been having as well.

Best of all ... I get to move on to Stage 2 foods - thank you God! More variety ... no more puree, I survived it (it really wasn't too bad) - woot, woot!

Thank you all for your support & listening to me whine for the past 2 1/2 wks ... I share your joy & your sorrow. But I wish you all the best of everything.

Mary-The comment you made about itching caught my eye (both of them). I went through the same thing and had to take Benadryl to help make it stop. I also started taking an OTC called Hair Skin and Nails because my hair started to come out. It took 3 weeks for the hair thing to correct itself but I also noticed that the insane itching stopped. You can find Hair Skin and Nails at Costco, Sam's Club, WalMart, etc., and it's relatively inexpensive. The only down side is that a daily dose is 3 pills...oh how I hate taking pills anymore :( Between all of the OTC and prescribed meds it has turned into 1 or 2 of my daily "snacks".

The Zyrtec seems to be working already - thank God!
No night sweats last night; slept buck naked w/just a sheet & my feet under the sheets, velour blank & medium to lightweight comforter.
Slept through the entire night - first time in a long time - what a joy.

People, things do start to get better. I think the first 2-3 weeks are probably the roughest. You question everything, emotionally & otherwise. It's rough but ride it out.

Mary-So very glad you are sleeping and feeling better. Sleep can be such a wonderful escape.

Back