• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 weeks out come Monday

Judycc

I've been too tempted to want to push the envelope. I'm on liquids and I'm really looking forward to a small bite of something or at least something that tastes different. I tried a cream of tomato soup and it's nasty to me. I love tomato soup. Got to find some different tastes. Too much chocolate and chicken bouillon. One thing good. I've already been getting rid of some clothes that I wore because they would go on. I feel like I'd lost my pretty. I'm not saying I'm pretty but sometimes I can feel pretty. And After being huge for a while my pretty just up and left. I quit wearing makeup, jewelry, even a decent hairstyle. And it's coming back a little. Also I am already having to remind myself that I'm on a permanent diet. My eyes continue to see a large glass of water and they want me to drink it right down. They see a piece of pizza and they say, go get one. I believe that changing head talk will be a must-do for me.

what part of the diet are you on liquid of puree? I hear you loud and clear when it comes to head talk. It has been 8 months for me and I still fight old demons. Sure it gets easier but there will always be triggers to set off the I have to eat alarms. If you are on liquid you could try some unflavored protein shakes mixed into sugar free cool aid. (grape is my favorite) Congratulations of your success just hang in there and keep posting. :)

I've been too tempted to want to push the envelope. I'm on liquids and I'm really looking forward to a small bite of something or at least something that tastes different. I tried a cream of tomato soup and it's nasty to me. I love tomato soup. Got to find some different tastes. Too much chocolate and chicken bouillon. One thing good. I've already been getting rid of some clothes that I wore because they would go on. I feel like I'd lost my pretty. I'm not saying I'm pretty but sometimes I can feel pretty. And After being huge for a while my pretty just up and left. I quit wearing makeup, jewelry, even a decent hairstyle. And it's coming back a little. Also I am already having to remind myself that I'm on a permanent diet. My eyes continue to see a large glass of water and they want me to drink it right down. They see a piece of pizza and they say, go get one. I believe that changing head talk will be a must-do for me.

It does get easier.

And no you cannot just gulp down a huge glass of water; that would be terribly painful.

It may take awhile for you to feel pretty again, but work on it. I would also suggest a few sessions with your psychologist to work through all of this head talk.

It does get better.

I am now 4 months post op. I am losing about 6 to 7 pounds a month; very happy. The quick weight loss does slowdown after the first couple of months for most people.

You will also experience weight plateaus as the body takes a time out and then regroups and then begins to drop more weight.

Think positive. Oh, one more thing. Start looking beautiful again, fix yourself up. Take some extra time. Pamper yourself. You are worth it !!!

Gee, my wife even has me looking in a mirror, buying me new clothes as I drop weight, taking the time to enjoy the new image that is developing.

Take pictures along the way as you drop weight. Post them. Look at them. Hold on to the super large clothes (one set) so that you can climb into them a few months from now and realize you can fit another person in there with you and smile.

I have a suit that I had bought brand new at my highest weight, which was 290 not 288. I still have it in my closet. I just put it on a week ago or so. Wow, what a difference. It makes you feel good.

I also buy pants the next size down as my next target of success to fit into those pants comfortably.

Have some fun with this. It really makes you feel good.

Keep track of accomplishments besides just weight loss.

I constantly post my accomplishments here for many to see just to demonstrate that this is more than just weight loss. This is life changing.

Here are my accomplishments. Thanks for allowing me to share them with you along your success journey.

Medical/Physical Maladies that have been resolved to date

• Diabetes resolved – off all meds, avg reading 110
• BP normal again – I am still taking bystolic 5mg. Resting pulse is around 60 and BP near or below 120/80. Without the bystolic my resting pulse is still in the 60s. However, my BP goes up to the high 130s/high 80s.
• Sleep Apnea resolved – I am not snoring nor do I believe I am stopping breathing. I will confirm this later this year. The air pressure from the CPAP machine was making me very uncomfortable; lots of burping
• Legs no longer swollen
• Waist size has shrunk – Wearing size 44 pants comfortably and just made it into 42 pants.
• Feet are smaller – I was able to put a pair of dress shoes on that I haven’t been able to wear.
• I stay under 1200 calories a day. Most days around 1000 calories.
• I have a lot more energy
• I can dance, dance and dance
• I can walk up neighborhood hills aggressively without having to stop; no longer breathless.
• My incontinence due to my prostatectomy has been resolved.
• I am able to sleep in my bed again. I had been sleeping In an upright chair to be comfortable.
• Dramatically reduced backaches; almost completely gone.
• I can bend over and tie my shoes now!
• I can see my toes again 
• I can do dance steps again that I couldn’t do. The belly is gone!
• Now wearing size 42 slacks comfortably and looking forward to size 40 slacks. Just got into 40s but they are snug.
• Starting to sleep on my side again! This has happened in years!
• Intimacy much improved !!! 
• Fit in to a small diner booth !
• I can run up and down stairs several times without becoming breathless

Ralph

I am so happy

I am so happy to find that there are wonderful people out there who understand. Emotionally I feel as if I'm on a roller coaster sometimes. Today I have on make-up and I'm fixed up. Wonderful feeling that.

You make me feel excited about the future. I'm easily distracted and I am quick with the put downs. You answered it all. Thanks.

Back