• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 Weeks post R-N-Y

Well here I am at the chewable vitamin stage, soft foods and changes.

The last 2 weeks have been a very interesting, eye opening journey into self acceptance and killing old habits and birthing healthier habits..

I have found that my "cravings", "triggers", and intense "desires" for certain foods has nothing to do with being hungry. I have discovered for me it is out of boredom and "habits.

I am used to having my own bowl of home made popcorn with my husband in the evenings while watching TV.. That has been conquered
Popcorn no longer stimulates my belly or triggers a false feeling of hunger.

I am used to going out to dinner, having an appetizer before salad and dinner... No way, ain't happening on my watch, conquered this one as well.
We went to Cheddars for dinner last night. I ordered the children's grilled chicken with steamed broccoli.. No questions and no hassles.
I had my portion and had enough left over for todays lunch... LOL, 2 meals for 6.00. Not bad, :).

I have found that if I am bored I am dangerous.. I cook. I love to cook. I am married to a Cajun and I LOVE traditional Cajun foods. I would taste then eat and then indulge some more..... Conquered.
I am learning to adapt recipes to my new lifestyle...
Seasoning has always been a big part of my cooking and that goes very well with adapting to a new way of eating.

I how found that my life is slowly moving away from a food centered existence.. It is a great thing, :)

I have also learned when I am lacking in getting my protein numbers right. I am more likely to crave food.
I am supplementing protein shakes with my food to make sure I am meeting my protein requirements for the day..

My husband has lost 28 pounds since October due to my changes.. Not bad at all.

The day to day challenges are quickly becoming the norm which is great.

I have my first post-op support meeting tonight which I am excited about... I can't wait to catch up with everyone tonight.

Another cool thing tonight, after group we will walk around Downtown Celebration to look at all of the Christmas decorations, Listen to carolers, hopefully see Santa and maybe have some "snow" here in Central Florida.

your posts are so wonderful to read and I am really glad you are making such positive changes. Way to go!

WE are all making positive changes..... WE all need to be supportive of one another because we are in our own community and WE as a community of WLS people understand firsthand what each one is going through..

WE are ALL Special

WE ALL deserve happiness

WE ALL DESERVE to be supportive of ourselves, our WLS decisions and WEALL NEED to be supportive of one another..

You are also making very positive changes and that's awesome.. You deserve to be recognized for all of your hard wok, supported and cheered along.

Stinkerbelle, I'm very impressed with your progress. You are going to be a long term success story, because you are making the right changes. It will not be easy and some of the things you've conquered now will come back at a later date. After my RNY, I had to force myself to eat, because I wasn't hungry and none of the old triggers kicked in. The farther out you get, the more your appetite returns, though not all the triggers and cravings come back, some do. I'm not saying this to be a downer don, but to warn you to not let your guard down.

Frank

:cool:

After my RNY, I had to force myself to eat, because I wasn't hungry and none of the old triggers kicked in. The farther out you get, the more your appetite returns, though not all the triggers and cravings come back, some do. I'm not saying this to be a downer don, but to warn you to not let your guard down.

Frank

:cool:

Hi Frank,

First of all , your not being a Don Downer at all. I am a firm believer in the black and white details, I can sort out the gray areas..

Like you I am not hungry, the amount of food I am on right now is way to much for me.

My main thing is the feeling I get when I have not met my protein numbers for the day.. It is not a hunger feeling or pain at all it is more of a weird feeling that's hard to describe, not to mention I get a tad bit snarkey, oh heck A WHOLE lot of snarkey, LOL..

I am still getting used to all of the new stomach sensations.. Mostly gas for now, ;)..

Thank you for the compliment.

Your doing pretty awesome yourself..

Hi Frank,

First of all , your not being a Don Downer at all. I am a firm believer in the black and white details, I can sort out the gray areas..

Like you I am not hungry, the amount of food I am on right now is way to much for me.

My main thing is the feeling I get when I have not met my protein numbers for the day.. It is not a hunger feeling or pain at all it is more of a weird feeling that's hard to describe, not to mention I get a tad bit snarkey, oh heck A WHOLE lot of snarkey, LOL..

I am still getting used to all of the new stomach sensations.. Mostly gas for now, ;)..

Thank you for the compliment.

Your doing pretty awesome yourself..
I know what you mean about the weird feeling. I get it too when I don't get enough calories or protein. It's like my body is saying 'enough already, FEED ME'. I'm not hungry, just off center.
My newest sensation is heartburn while I'm still in bed in the morning. Putting TUMS at arm's reach helps a lot.

You are so awesome Stinkerbelle. I enjoy reading your posts. You give so much great info and I truely appreciate it. Keep up the excellent work both you and your husband. :)

Back