• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 years out

Hi Mjinnewmexico. I am Tom. I am about 20 months out and I am doing great. I started at 310 and down to 190 and still losing weight slowly, been on a 3 week vacation and I am looking forward to getting back to work on tuesday and start getting back into the swing of my dailey workouts. You are doing great. Do you go to support group meetings? I still do, I find them helpful, at first I was the one getting support and now I give support, we also get the chance to talk with others that are years out, some find it still easy to keep the weight off and some have taken a few steps backward but get the support they need there to relize that the surgary is just a tool we use to stay healthy. Have you checked out the arcade on this site it is pretty cool. They have a chat room on this site also, but I am not sure how that works. Your doing great, keep it up! :cool:

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply! You are doing great also! You must feel better and you only have a few more pounds to go. Yes I go to support group meetings. In fact, I have been running a group in the town where I live because I didn't want to drive to Albuquerque for one. But attendance has gotten really low so I am taking a break from being the leader and now my group is going to just meet casually for supper once a month. I still need the support from everyone and I am proud that I led 3 other women through surgery to successful weight loss!
I think my biggest deal lately is that I don't cope well with all the stress and emotional stuff in my life. I never did cope well - I just ate! but now that I can't do that, I have not really found other ways. I feel things more, deeper, harder, ya know? and Silly Me, I think I must have fantasized that all my problems would go away if I got thin! Uh, nooo. Well anyway, keep up the good work yourself! Where is Yreka, CA? I used to live in L.A. ttfn!

Back