• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 days post bariatric surgery

How do you get sorbet on a clear liquid diet?
That's a good question, Tex. I just got my liquid diet forms from hospital is going to do my Endoscopy in July and it says,

No milk shakes or smoothies, no orange or pineapple juice, no milk, dairy, almond, or coconut milk.

The only juice you're supposed to have is apple and only clear Apple. However it does allow for popsicles that are made with fruit juice but have no fruit in them. That's kind of like sorbet. So Kat, what do you know?

How do you get sorbet on a clear liquid diet?
That's a good question, Tex. I just got my liquid diet forms from hospital is going to do my Endoscopy in July and it says,

No milk shakes or smoothies, no orange or pineapple juice, no milk, dairy, almond, or coconut milk.

The only juice you're allowed to have is apple and only Apple. However it does allow for popsicles that are made with fruit juice but have no fruit in them. That's kind of like sorbet. So Kat, what do you know?

Hi Yoyo- I had the sleeve 11 weeks ago. They gave me enough pain meds so it was tolerable for the following week. After that, I used extra strength tylenol. Some people get nauseous afterward. The doctor gave me a liquid medicine for that, but I never used it. Welcome! Keep us posted on your progress!

The only juice you're supposed to have is apple and only clear Apple. However it does allow for popsicles that are made with fruit juice but have no fruit in them. That's kind of like sorbet. So Kat, what do you know?
well tex, when your in the hospital you eat what they give you and they gave me sorbet.. sorbet doesn't have milk and it was sugarfree. I also have a joes ice here and they have sugarfree but its not like the hospital sorbet and i am feeling a little sweaty and having pain when i am trying to drink my protein drinks.

I do believe that's the first time any of us has seen sorbet listed in the liquid diet. It would be different if it were in the the solid liquid diet or the soft diet. Anyway I guess maybe the doctors haven't caught up to that yet. If you can eat popsicles you should be able to eat sorbet! I hope people who are in follow up will ask their doctors.

Lovalee, what sort of preparation did you have for the liquid diet or the phased diet? Did you have a list of foods that you could eat or were you told this in appointments or seminars?
I had both appointments and a list of ideas...I was only on clear fluids day 1 in the hospital then moved to full fluids,,,Everything I have been reading here and elsewhere, it seems my program progresses much faster.

I had both appointments and a list of ideas...I was only on clear fluids day 1 in the hospital then moved to full fluids,,,Everything I have been reading here and elsewhere, it seems my program progresses much faster.
That's awesome! Hopefully a new standard will be set. I forget, which surgery did you have?

Back