• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4weeks post and I am a bit depressed

Hi, I am new to this site. I chose the screen name Cinderella because I am a Disney nut and I wanted to be positive and look at this process of being the princess I want to feel like with this journey. Last week or so I am a bit depressed. I am reading post surgery books, I have not wanted to eat anything I am not supposed to, walk or ride my stationary bike when it's toughest. I want to hear from some of you, if you struggle, what you do to deal and will this be a theme during this journey?

Did you see my post "8 days out. . ." I am sick of water, protein shakes, etc.? It is hard to face two more weeks of just liquids.

Don't get discouraged. I had my surgery 22 days ago and I'm just now starting to feel better. I've had my days when I've been depressed, but I think it's more mental about how I relate to food. It has been a "death" in a way, because I can't and won't be eating the fattening foods that I was eating prior to the surgery. What does pull me out of the doldrums is that I know that I'm not going to get diabetes, be housebound because I can't do anything. What I've got to look forward to is being able to do things and go places that I couldn't or wouldn't do when I was heavier. I've tried to turn the negative into a positive. I'm not a big into exercise, but I take my dogs and walk each day. Some days further than others, but at least I'm trying. Remember this is a process, and I remind myself of that every day.

Hi all, I can relate with you all, I was so tired of shake mixes water and liquid anything, I was at home for a month post op so I had lots of time to regret and think but I too just kept telling myself I did it for me and I had tried everything else and failed several times over so to try the same thing over and over was crazy. That was about two years ago and I have no regrets and no more medications for health issues and I feel great. I still have 25 to 30 lbvs to go but i am not worried about it. Hang in there ya'll. :cool: Tom

Back