• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

55 years old and a newbie.

Personal question..... I currently have an "apron" of fat that hangs down a bit. Anyone that had the surgery have the same thing before surgery? I'm just wondering if it will get smaller or lead to MORE of an "apron" from saggy skin. I am wondering not for (just) cosmetic reasons, but if it will get in the way of me walking, exercising, normal things. When I do yoga now, it gets in the way of me doing certain moves and makes it hard for me to breathe well.
If it becomes bothersome and your doctor recommends removal you might be able to get it removed and covered by insurance

He said to talk to my psychiatrist which I did. She agrees. Didn’t think about asking a pharmacist. I will though

So I did check with the Pharmacist when I picked up my meds refills and he said the same thing my surgeon and psych said, so I feel even better about it. They all said that my meds may need to be "tweeked" a bit after the surgery, but they will absorb. WHEW!!

Back