• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

6 months out

twill

Hi everyone! Just a note to let you know that I had a good 6 mth. post-surgery check up. I have lost 75 lbs. and I stand in awe of God's grace. I am trying to learn all of the good habits that I will need, and get into exercising. The exercising is difficult because of my Fibromyalgia and my back. I thought they would be so much better with the weight loss, and they are some. but not quite enough. Still it is all good and will slowly be just where it needs to be. I am hoping for about 20 more lbs. but I am trusting the Lord to settle me where He wants me to be. Hope everyone is finding joy success and happiness. T.
:cool:

Hi everyone! Just a note to let you know that I had a good 6 mth. post-surgery check up. I have lost 75 lbs. and I stand in awe of God's grace. I am trying to learn all of the good habits that I will need, and get into exercising. The exercising is difficult because of my Fibromyalgia and my back. I thought they would be so much better with the weight loss, and they are some. but not quite enough. Still it is all good and will slowly be just where it needs to be. I am hoping for about 20 more lbs. but I am trusting the Lord to settle me where He wants me to be. Hope everyone is finding joy success and happiness. T.

:cool:

Hi Twill! CONGRATULATIONS on your success!!! Keep up the great work.. You'll be at goal weight soon!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi Twill! CONGRATULATIONS on your success!!! Keep up the great work.. You'll be at goal weight soon!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hi Twill:

Congrats on your success! I also wanted to share with you about Fibromyalgia and exercising it is very hard and uncomfortable but as soon you try very little to stay active it help with the pain, I also have Fibromyalgia since I have been doing a little bit of activity daily I have been feeling better don't give up it will get better with God favor and His grace.:)

Yes, congratulations on your success.

For each of us it is an individual journey with our own unique and sometimes frustrating issues.

However, by being here and coming often and asking questions and finding others who can relate to your experience you will find it much easier to succeed.

Ralph

I have my 6-mo review at the end of the month. I don't feel like I've lost much weight or not as much as I should. I too, have fibromyalgia among other ailments (need a knee replacement on left leg and have a sprained ankle on the right leg which won't heal). I had the same expectations as you, that losing some weight (I've lost 61 lbs) would help alleviate the fibro, but it hasn't. In fact I feel like I'm even achier since I am doing things now that I haven't done in three years. Everyone tells me I need to exercise and the exercise of advice is swimming. Well, I also have a "germ" thing and just can't go to pools where I feel there are lots of germs for me to be exposed to. I did see an exercise chair on TV and has sent away for it, so at least I can get some other body parts moving. Fibro is very hard for people to understand, but my friend I do understand your situation. My psychologist keeps telling me how positive the surgery will be for me and I know that it already has been. I'm off of diabetes meds ad my sugar is always in normal ranges now. God is certainly helping me handle all of the changes I've been going through, but some days, like today, I feel terrible and have cried many times...still missing that food comfort. I'm hoping this website well be another tool to help me live with the "new" me. Bless you for posting, because, like I said, I know how you feel. You are in my prayers!

Back