• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

8 weeks post-op and haven't met weight loss goal

Ways I added protein(which took me months to get to the normal protein and water goal) by making a smoothie with a fairlife vanilla shake or adding the carmel shake to coffee...obviously only when you can add these things into your diet.

I don't know why but yesterday I got 70 proteins in and now today I can't do it. Will get a shake in before the day is over and if I can I get another one I will or at least some of a 2nd one I hope. Now on the other side I have in 50 0z of water. May because I have been out on more than one walk today and it is getting hot in Tucson. I am going to keep and eye to see if that is what it is. Just too hot to have more than thin liquid. Again thank you so much. I can't wait until the day I have 7 months down and can tell a new person things.

Tokash, Thank you for your information this also helps to make me not feel like I am doing something wrong. I still have my days where I can't seem to get in all my proteins or my water. I can seem to get in one but not both on days. like I have less room inside on some days than other days. Today is one of my bad proteins days I have in 9 at almost noon my time. the look, smell and thought for food or protein drink makes me feel like I could get sick. On the other side I can drink water and have some unsweetened tea that go down just fine.
Have you tried drinking clear protein waters? They have some that have a ton of protein (Isopure Zero Carb 40g per 20oz) or they have some with 15 to 20g. Protein 2o for example has a ton of flavors and the texture isn't quite as off as it is with the higher protein drinks.

Have you tried drinking clear protein waters? They have some that have a ton of protein (Isopure Zero Carb 40g per 20oz) or they have some with 15 to 20g. Protein 2o for example has a ton of flavors and the texture isn't quite as off as it is with the higher protein drinks.
I have tried some but they are so sweet. I will keep working on finding one I can do. I end up adding in more water then it is so much to get down.

Back