• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

9 days post op

renie

im 9 days post op , 5 days out of the hospital i had a rough surgery . i had 2 previous surgeries in thae same area . so the surgeon went in with a cam first and seen i had infected meshing, and scared tissue , so he had to do an open bariatric bypass rue n y . after the surgery i was on a ventalator for a day and a half then oxygen . . now im home still whith pain and a drain and about 40 staples ...but i made it through and im glad i did it . just wanted to let everyone know how things went ..
renie

Glad you are home now-surgery is behind you. Make sure you take your pain meds. Things will get better.
I had my surgery on Monday Dec 17th and was discharged on Friday. I had Gastric Bypass Lap via Davinci. My surgeon also had to remove my gall bladder due to the stones he saw on my Ultrasound. Sore getting in and out of bed. They took my JP Drain out the day I was discharged.
Now it is sip, sip, sip, rest, rest, rest and get up and move around and take a little walk. Later it will be the treadmill.

Things will get better-we just have to take it step by step.

Carol

Hi All,
My thoughts are with you all. We are all on the road to improvement and sometimes its hard to put ourselves out side our boxes but thats where prayer comes in. I am 5 days post op and at first I thought the surgery didn't work cuz I was taking in fluids w/o any problem. Then I had 1/4 of a cup of low sodium vegtable juice and I now know w/o a shadow of a doubt that the surgery is working. God's healing power be with us all.

Renie-So sorry to hear you had a rough time. It sounds like things are improving though since you are now at home. Make sure you keep us updated on your progress. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Back