• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A new life for me!

I am just two weeks out and doing ok. I am married with two boys, 5 and 7. Tonight was the first taste of "real" food in almost a month. (If you can call cottage cheese and refried beans food!?) I am new here, first post, and would love to know how are people doing at the 2 week post op. Good loss, eating temptations, just anything. I cannot sleep worth a darn. Currently on c-pap, hopefully be off it by next fall. Thanx:D

Ps I just ran, yes I said "ran" a mile on the treadmill without stopping!!!

Hi Dixie, Welcome. Great job on the run but be careful if you are only two weeks out you dont want to pull anything. I remember my first meal post op it was refried beans and cottage cheese LOL! How funny is that, and I was soooo looking forward to it:eek: and I couldnt even finish the whole plate and it was a small saucer not even full. It was however vary good to just put something in my mouth and chew it up but it was also nice to be full on so little food. I lost my appatite for about a year and had to remind myself to eat, now I don't have that problem but I still get full on small meals. Make sure to chew your food up real well when you eat, it makes all the difference in the world. :cool: Tom

Wow, at the rate you are going you will be at goal before you know it. That is great but please be careful.

Back