• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

a question.............

P_Powell

My first week out from my gastric sleeve and I find I don't have enough liquid protein. The nurse practioner told me I wasn't allowed to use powered protein yet. I'm strapped for cash so any suggestions would sure be a blessing from Heaven to me. Thank you in advance to everyone.:D

P_Powell, You can get EAS Carb Advantage pre-made shakes at Walmart for under $5 for a 4 pack. These are very low carb and come in a few different flavors. I'm curious why you can't use powdered protein mixed with water or milk since I'm guessing that's what we get when we buy the pre-made shakes. Would you be so kind and ask the nurse practioner why she said not to use the protein powders? I was allowed to use both so I'm really confused.

Hi, P_Powell, Pat99 said it best: ask your Nurse Practitioner why. My two cents: Get on the phone and ask now. Don't wait. Let us know what you find out?

Thanks you for all replys. Day before yesterday I developed an annoying wheeze not when I inhaled but only on exhalation. I finally called in and was told to be at my surgeon's office by 8am. So I went down,dr ordered bloodwork and cat scan. By 1:00pm I was back in his office and I was pronounced fit as a fiddle except they found a small pocket of trapped carbon dioxide around my lung. He said it was probably was no big deal but to be safe he placed me on a 10 day antibiotic,don't want any pneumonia. Said he see me again,Lord wills in two weeks. I was so thankful to be back home. I have dropped 20 pounds from the time he seen me to yesterday. So thankful those 20 lbs are gone. Looking forward for more to be gone. Pat 99 I will strive to remember about why U can't have powdered protein the first week out.

Back