• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Aloha

Hi, I'm new to this, first night on here. I'm a 52 year old female going to have bypass on Sept 27th 2013....this fri. I have been dieting for the past month...lost 20lbs already. Just can't stick with it in the long run, that is why I'm having this surgery.
I live in Hawaii, on Oahu. If there are any others out there from Hawaii, let me know.....

Welcome to the group! Good luck with your surgery! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Most likely at least one person is experiencing, or has experienced, the same thing.

Thank you Joyous1979, appreciate the welcome. What surgery did you have? Just wondering about how much weight how fast will I loose? I know everyone us different but just wondering, do you exercise very much? I know the group I'm working with really stresses that you should. Hope to hear from you again!

Aloha Hummingbird, welcome to the board. I had RNY Oct 17th and am down 177 pounds so far. You can lose lots of weight, quickly, but remember this is only a tool and you'll need to follow the plan laid out for you by your bariatric team. Good luck on Friday, I'll be sending positive vibes your way.

Frank

PS. Joyous 1979, congrats on your weight loss so far. Keep it up, you look Great.

Thanks frank, I know this us not a cure all. My stepsister had this several years ago and gained her weight back. So I know I have to work at this for the rest of my life and I believe this is the tool that will help me!
Starting my liquid day and going to be ready for tomorrow!

Back