• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone else having surgery soon?

I’m new to the support group but I’m very excited to hear everyone’s view! My first question how long did it take you to get your surgery date once the insurance approved it?

I’m new to the support group but I’m very excited to hear everyone’s view! My first question how long did it take you to get your surgery date once the insurance approved it?
I think you'll find this varies quite a bit. It really depends on how busy your surgeon is and what sort of pre-op diet they want you to follow. After insurance approval, my surgeon didn't have a spot for me for 5 weeks, but I would have had to have waited at least 3 weeks anyway to complete the pre-op diet to shrink my liver and make surgery safer. He had a backup due to COVID-19 delays, but I know some people who've gotten into surgery within a couple of weeks. Mostly it depends on your surgeon's schedule and pre-op diet plan.

Back