• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone here from the Phoenix area

Sandykay-Welcome to the forum. If you had your surgery already you should have been given a schedule of support meetings from your surgeon's office. If you relocated after surgery try an Internet search to try to find one in your area. One of the members in this forum attends a call in meeting that is open to everyone. She said it is great. Try sending her a private message and I'm sure she will provide you with the information. Her screen name is feastorfamine.

I am in Glendale. Support group here, I find are not so easy to find. I have found that myfitnesspal.com is very helpful. If you search groups/forums there is a gastric bypass/lap band forum. They are all very nice and a lot of support. :D

I am in Glendale. Support group here, I find are not so easy to find. I have found that myfitnesspal.com is very helpful. If you search groups/forums there is a gastric bypass/lap band forum. They are all very nice and a lot of support. :D

This forum is the best :) No need to go someplace else for support and encouragement:) :)

Oops, I ment that support in AZ is not easy to find. I just looked at what I wrote. I am new to this forum and it has been very helpful. :)

Missey...could you contact me about the weekly meetings? I live at gilbert and southern and need to find a support group....480-620-3477...cindi

Hello- I am from the Phoenix area and had my surgery there, but I dont live there anymore. When I was looking into this 6 years ago I was going through Bridges. They have support groups I believe. I had my surgery through AZWLS. Im not sure the company exists anymore even though I only had my procedure 1.5yrs ago. Good luck. Hope you find a good place for support.

I am from Mesa and will be having my surgery next Monday in Tempe, through Bridges. They have a support group that meets every 3rd Saturday of the month at Tempe St. Lukes hospital. Each month it's a different topic.

Had my sleeve with Dr. Simon--have not lost the weight, however. My surgery was about 18 mos ago, too. I would love to get back on track and lose the weight! Support system is very hard to keep here in Phoenix.

Back