• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Article: Mini Pepperoni Pizzas

Let me know how it is if you try it. I haven't actually tried it myself, just found it on the internet and had quite a few good reviews. When I make them I'll probably double the turkey pepperonis. Gotta have my meat :)

Let me know how it is if you try it. I haven't actually tried it myself, just found it on the internet and had quite a few good reviews. When I make them I'll probably double the turkey pepperonis. Gotta have my meat :)

That's funny Kevin because I will probably not use any pepperoni on mine. Maybe some turkey Italian sausage but I doubt it. I'm a purist when it comes to pizza, just cheese and sauce and maybe more cheese :) I need to make a trip to the store to get the flatout bread or whole wheat tortillas. I don't like whole wheat bread in general so I'm hoping I can't taste the tortilla.

I made this a few times but without the turkey pepperoni. I make mine in a teflon pan on top of the stove. I lightly spray both sides of the Flatout bread with olive oil "Pam", brown one side then flip it over and add the toppings. Cover and cook until bottom is crisp. I use medium heat and turn off the burner (electric) until cheese melts. Check the bottom for crispness and cook longer if needed. I'm not a big fan of wheat bread so I find that when the bottom is nice and crispy it tastes better to me.

I made this today using a WW tortilla in a fry pan on top of the stove. I also used lean turkey sausage for the meat. I must say it was absolutely delicious! I used the smallest tortillas, and it was enough for 2 meals. Next time I may use the turkey pepperoni, and I was thinking some olives would be good to. I might even do a ham, egg, cheddar cheese pizza for a breakfast. I highly recommend this pizza recipe!

Back