• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Bariatric Vitamin Making Me Sick!!!

wsmith0914

I don't get sick every time I eat that vitamin, but have thrown up three times now right after eating the vitamin. Any ideas of what I can try to keep the vitamin down or of an alternative that may not make me nauseous.

Try a different brand. I tried 2 before I found one that did not make me nauseous..

Wal Greens and the Vitamin SHoppe both carry some bariatric vitamins. Just make sur to check the dosage. some are 2 a day and some are 4 a day.

I don't get sick every time I eat that vitamin, but h:)ave thrown up three times now right after eating the vitamin. Any ideas of what I can try to keep the vitamin down or of an alternative that may not make me nauseous.

Two vitamins I have used that were recommended to me were Centrum Multi Vitamin (2 a day) they are huge but I tolerated them well and Flintstones Chewable (2 a day).. possibly a chewable might set better on your stomach. If one vitamin doesn't work for you just try another. I myself love gummy bear vitamins but usually they are not as good in the vitamin contant, so I've been told. Good luck to you. :)

Before you take children's vitamins aka Flintstones make sure they are nutritionally complete and that you are exceeding to 200% mark..

That is all you need is to deplete your system and start having neurological side effects because your not getting what your body needs.

http://voices.yahoo.com/can-take-flintstones-vitamins-after-gastric-4679279.html

http://s3.amazonaws.com/publicASMBS/GuidelinesStatements/Guidelines/bgs_final.pdf

Once again it is your body, your choice and your responsibility to check with your surgeon and dietician..

Suggestions and advice are just that suggestions...

My team has me taking to Flintstones with iron per day. I have had no issues. Double check everything with your nutritionist as that is what they are there for.

Back