• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

been gone awhile, finally had my surgery

sharpmind

finally had the gastric bypass on Tues, 5-13. I m doing pretty well but I look like I have been runover by a Mack truck.I had scar tissue to contend with and my stomach is all black and blue and hurts pretty bad getting up and down but it was still all done laproscopically and for this I am thankful. So far no nausea and I am able to keep keep up with my fluid intake. Im a little nervous about resuming my potassium pill...it is gosh darn huge and am afraid it will get stuck. I did well with all the other pills but heck I had trouble with this pill before sx wish me luck :) Any one have any trouble swallowing pills post-op?
Lauri

Congratulations on having your surgery. Good to hear everything is going well. Sorry I can't answer any of your question. :p Hope it all stays smooth and you hit your goal weight!

finally had the gastric bypass on Tues, 5-13. I m doing pretty well but I look like I have been runover by a Mack truck.I had scar tissue to contend with and my stomach is all black and blue and hurts pretty bad getting up and down but it was still all done laproscopically and for this I am thankful. So far no nausea and I am able to keep keep up with my fluid intake. Im a little nervous about resuming my potassium pill...it is gosh darn huge and am afraid it will get stuck. I did well with all the other pills but heck I had trouble with this pill before sx wish me luck :) Any one have any trouble swallowing pills post-op?
Lauri

I also take a potassium (HUGE) pill. Believe it or not it goes down OK. You can cut it in half and take two halves separately.

I also have simply put it in apple sauce and crushed it. This is one of the recommendations for a lot of your pills in the first month.

Ralph

I take 3 large pill and I have no trouble with them. Congrats on yr surgery praying u will be up and and around soon.

I used to pass meds at a nursing facility. We used to crush the potassium pill and put it in either applesauce or pudding. Ask the doc if you can crush it and that will ease your fears on swallowing your pills. My multi vitamin is big and I have no problems swallowing it. Glad that you are doing well. Glad that your surgery went well also. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

TillieS

Back