• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Broccoli cheese soup

Pat99

1 CUP BROCCOLI (OR SPINACH OR CAULIFLOWER OR WINTER SQUASH)
1 1/4 CUPS WATER OR MILK
1 SCOOP UNJURY PROTEIN CHEESE SAUCE
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE

Cook broccoli in a small pot on stove. Drain and return to pot. You can reserve 1 1/4 cups cooking water if you want. Drain water and add milk if you want a slightly creamier soup.
Put slightly cooled broccoli into food processor or blender. Add water or milk. Add 1 scoop Unjury protein cheese sauce powder. Blend until smooth stopping to push down any chunks of vegetable or lumps of cheese sauce powder. Add more liquid if needed. Taste and add salt and / or pepper if desired. If you make it with winter squash try adding a very small amount of nutmeg.
Place in microwaveable bowl and WARM SLIGHTLY. Be careful not to heat over 120 degrees of the protein powder will become lumpy.

I was poking around looking for something to eat and came up with this on the spur of the moment. It's very tasty!

patt99
you've come up with another mouth watering receipe, THANK YOU, being creative is your style, and I an others are enjoying what you share. I love brocolli and the other vegetables, now they won't seem so boring and easy to eat. thanks for taking the time to share your good ideas.
DOnna

Back