• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Buying a bathing suit LMFAO!!!

Karenina

Had the unique experience of going bathing suit shopping yesterday. I think it was easier when I was morbidly obese.
First, it is very hard to stuff all that extra skin in without looking like a sausage. Second, I have so much loose skin EVERYWHERE that I'm sure small children will flee in panic, or ask their mothers "why does that woman look like a shar-pei?"

I feel your pains on this one. I am not looking forward to the swimsuit shopping. Then again shopping for a suit at 330 pounds wasn't much fun either. My legs have so much extra skin that I am thinking of getting surf shorts and diving top.
What did you decide to buy maybe you can give me some pointers to steer me in the correct direction. No matter how I look in the suit, I live in the pool during the summer so I am buying one.

Had the unique experience of going bathing suit shopping yesterday. I think it was easier when I was morbidly obese.
First, it is very hard to stuff all that extra skin in without looking like a sausage. Second, I have so much loose skin EVERYWHERE that I'm sure small children will flee in panic, or ask their mothers "why does that woman look like a shar-pei?"

Hi Karenina!! My skin is getting looser and looser, too. My neck skin and arm skin is hanging horrible. I'm so happy to be losing weight but before weight loss I didn't have a wrinkle and now I have aged, saggy, baggy skin. But I still wouldn't go back to how I was before. I feel so much better, lighter and it's so much easier to get around. My insurance covered getting my skin fixed except I just had my 65th birthday and now Medicare is my primary insurance so I'm not too sure how that affects me. My regular insurance just became secondary so they probably wont cover the skin surgery now. I'm not sure but hopfully I can figure something out.

Cheyenne. :cool:

I feel your pains on this one. I am not looking forward to the swimsuit shopping. Then again shopping for a suit at 330 pounds wasn't much fun either. My legs have so much extra skin that I am thinking of getting surf shorts and diving top.
What did you decide to buy maybe you can give me some pointers to steer me in the correct direction. No matter how I look in the suit, I live in the pool during the summer so I am buying one.
I ended up getting a 2-piece. It doesn't show any belly skin, but the fabric didn't have as much "pull" as the one-piece suits do. The bottoms look like short shorts, with no elastic on the legs. I'm like you, I'm going in the water no matter what I look like.
It's also very humorous to try on your old bathing suits that are WAY too big. Never thought I'd ever say that!

Hi Karenina!! My skin is getting looser and looser, too. My neck skin and arm skin is hanging horrible. I'm so happy to be losing weight but before weight loss I didn't have a wrinkle and now I have aged, saggy, baggy skin. But I still wouldn't go back to how I was before. I feel so much better, lighter and it's so much easier to get around. My insurance covered getting my skin fixed except I just had my 65th birthday and now Medicare is my primary insurance so I'm not too sure how that affects me. My regular insurance just became secondary so they probably wont cover the skin surgery now. I'm not sure but hopfully I can figure something out.

Cheyenne. :cool:
I'm not even going to think about skin surgery right now. I think it's my bat wing arms that bother me the most.

I am going to go with the tankini bathing suit top and some swim suit shorts. I am still working at getting where I want to be but I may as well enjoy the ride while getting there lol

LOL, Bathing suits, :)

I bought one put it on and laughed at myself... Between my arms and thighs, if I flap hard enough I will take off like a flying fox... :)

At this point if someone has something to say about all of my loose skin, I am going to ask them what major accomplishments they have made in their health and life...

I am having some adjustments issue with the loose skin on my eyelids, my waddle neck, my batwings, my flapping thighs and drooping butt...

I will say that I am loving my healthier and fitter self more than I am worrying about what others think or the potential for sending a child screaming in fear of the flapping skin..

Back