• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Change of surgery

Went in yesterday for a bypass and came out with a sleeve! Guess there was to much scar tissue for a previous gallbladder survey the Dr couldn't do the bypass. Was torn at first which one to have and prayed and left it in the Lords hands still thinking bypass but, guess this one was meant to be. Kind of disappointed but I trust the Lord because he does know best.
Had a lot of pain yesterday, finally getting it under control in the evening.
Hoping to get discharged today. Dr will come in later and we'll go from there.
Just glad it's over and to start this new chapter in my life!

It sounds like you are doing very well. I had a similar experience, and it seems it was all for the best. Please keep us posted, you have taken the first step.

Karenina, yes it was, but I believe it is meant to be. A little disappointed at first but I'm trusting this will work even better for me!

I was going to get the RnY for the same reason as most, a faster loss rate (I'm so impatient) but now I'm getting the sleeve because I have osteoarthritis and will need to take Motrin again eventually. Thank goodness my Nurse suggested this and the Dr. and insurance agreed. I'm scheduled for 12/2/13. Excited, scared,& impatient but feeling better now I'm with you all. I found you guys last night and reading all these posts is like reading a great mystery novel. Couldn't put it down til 2:30 am when I finally fell asleep while reading my iPad.

I'd say God answered your prayers. He knows what's best while we remain ignorant of what's good for us. I'm glad you trust God, 'cause only he knows our future.

Miss Beckie
The post was at 1:30 pm but I just saw it in the pre op general chat titled Am I Alone. Please help her.

Back