• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Clueless Newbie

twill

Hello to everyone. I am clueless about how this all works. Had my sleeve on Nov. 26th and thought I'd better get plugged into a support group. Today I got to go up to 4TBSP. pureed foods. Actually could not quite do it. But that is a good thing, I think. I have felt a lot of bewilderment, this all feels so foreign, but I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable. I'm finding it hard to get all my water and protein in every day. But I'm understanding that is common at first. So anyway Hello to everyone, I am looking forward to learning from you all. twill~

Hello to everyone. I am clueless about how this all works. Had my sleeve on Nov. 26th and thought I'd better get plugged into a support group. Today I got to go up to 4TBSP. pureed foods. Actually could not quite do it. But that is a good thing, I think. I have felt a lot of bewilderment, this all feels so foreign, but I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable. I'm finding it hard to get all my water and protein in every day. But I'm understanding that is common at first. So anyway Hello to everyone, I am looking forward to learning from you all. twill~

Hi Twill.. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! I also had trouble getting my liquids in at first. I was just so very full. I think thats very common after surgery. Eating enough protein will help you lose fat and not muscle and also will keep you from losing your hair. Actually I'm not sure if patients with sleeve surgery lose their hair? Bypass patients sure do. Anyway, drinking enough and eating or drinking your protein in proper amounts will help you do well! Good Luck!!! :

Yes, welcome. Do your best to get in your protein and liquids. It doesn't have to be all water, but do try to stay hydrated. You know when you are not. The urine gets too yellow. The mouth gets too parched.

Do your best to achieve your protein input. It took a few days for me before I could do the 80grams of protein (male) I required. I use shakes, milk and eggs to make sure I get the protein. There is also whey powder that I haven't tried yet, but will do so soon.

Lately, I am liking my Isopure grape protein drink better than my premier protein shake. All of this is personal taste. Find what you like.

Good luck,

Ralph

It will become easier as you go on. But it all is very confusing at first. I found myself going back to my printed material again and again for confirmation of what I was supposed to be doing. It also helps if you keep only foods in the house that you can eat. If you have a family and that's not possible, try to relegate the forbidden foods to a section in the cupboard.

Twill, you're doing great, keep it up. Getting in the protein and water comes with time, soon enough you'll wonder why you ever had a problem getting it in. Let us know how you're doing.

Frank

:cool:

Welcome twill. Sounds like you are right where you are suppose to be. I felt the same in the beginning a bit overwhelmed. Water, protein and vitamins was my focus at first. How to get this all in in one day was challenging and I didn't think I could possibly do this and go back to work to. I did. I think having a support group or groups is essential. There are so many questions and if feels good to learn that you are not alone. I got such positive feedback from those that went before me. Keep reading the posts and share how you're doing. Believe me however bizarre you might think something is someone else has also gone through it.

Thank you Cheyenne, you are so right. It's just hard, but I am glad you said that it gets easier. It truly makes me feel better. ~twill

Thanks Kim. Oh my! I read your stats. look how good you have done!!! You are in maintenance. That is wonderful!!!~twill
Welcome twill. Sounds like you are right where you are suppose to be. I felt the same in the beginning a bit overwhelmed. Water, protein and vitamins was my focus at first. How to get this all in in one day was challenging and I didn't think I could possibly do this and go back to work to. I did. I think having a support group or groups is essential. There are so many questions and if feels good to learn that you are not alone. I got such positive feedback from those that went before me. Keep reading the posts and share how you're doing. Believe me however bizarre you might think something is someone else has also gone through it.

Back