• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Confessions they say is good for the soul...

:(
Well, here goes mine. I was at my daughters not in my own home. We had been out and it was late and her hubby decided to order out. OH YEAH!!! Now normally I don't do that or nor does it bother me I eat my own food. But me being human and never tested this new stomach that far ordered from Chipoles. I said no rice, get beans mild sauce, cheese and it had peppers and oinions. I ate it a small amount last night & told my daughter to take the rest to work with her. She didn't, so guess what Ii had for lunch? And guess what I felt like later? full bloated, sick, quilty and angery at myself. No one made me eat or order that but ME. Now I have gas and a growling pouch and who knows what else may follow. So I know that I will have to give my system a rest for a few days. I will go back to the soft foods and take my portein and let it settle down. If anything I learned several valuable lessons. The most important is I hurt my own self by make a bad choice. I am worth more then that. I am in this for my health and my weight, not somew childish non thinking eating what I really knew better then do. I have forgiven myself and now I get back on the road maybe a little dust to wipe off and continue my journey. The surgery was my idea and mine alone. So if you do something and its not so good for you, stop and don't do it again. Remember the reasons you had the surgery in the first place. We all have temptations and we all have to make our own choices. So if this at all helps one person to know, hey so you screwed up, just deal with it a lesson learned and get back on track. If it was and instant fix we would all be slim & healthy and a lot of doctors out of work. I am human and so are you. So, forward I go. With more knowledge & gas & bloat then I could tell lol. Good luck to all you guys. I am stepping on my bike tonight.
Hugs
Angie

Greetings, Angie;

I guess you learned from that? Our pouchies will teach us the right way to eat. You got the tool and your pouch will keep you up on what to have and when to stop eating. It is a learning process and a continued journey.
You will be OK.
How are your fluids, vitamins, and exercise doing?

Carol

Hi Angie, thanks for sharing your honest story of screwing up. I'm sure it will make a lot people feel better on their screw ups, and get back on track. I think the majority of us have tried something we shouldn't of had. But, you can always learn from it and go on... Thanks again for sharing. Hugs back at ya.. Carla

That part my vitamins and protein are excellent, and my exercise is a everyday thing. I normally do not do such stupid stuff (dummy for a day award) I normally follow my I hate the word Diet cause I an\m not dieing I like the word live it better.) Is always right where iot should be. But, this mistake showned me what I can and can't do. I am right on it, never to stray again. Water is a problem with me, I drink it normally falling a little short, I do it everyway I can, tea, kool aid sugar free but mainly I drink good cold water. Today I am drink protien and water with my vitamins. I called the office and the nurse said 2 days would not hurt me as long as I drink plenty of water and got all my supplements and water. so I am doing just that. I learned my lesson believe me I paid & loose bowels today so. Never again. Hope you are doing well. have a good day.
hugs,
Angie
Ps... Glad you care thats what I love about this group.

YEs indeed I did learn. Yeah I am sure we all do little thinks. But I even use a timer to make sure I don't eat ot drink at wrong times. lol so for me it was really a bad thing,. I am drinking protein today and water with my vitamins and I did call my doctor. The nurse said I could do this a couple days and add tomorrow jello and apple sauce, somerthing like that. So I am back and believe me you. I learned my lesson loose bowels today. But that should be okay too. Thank you yes my journey started again yesterday, racked with guilt and cramps. I exercise everyday but yesterday was my 1sT day I did not. Back to that to back to living. Thanks you for writing.
hugs,
Angie

Angie--I got you!!! That so happened to me with the sugar cookie "episode" right before Christmas, difference being I knew better, was fearful of getting sick, I didn't get sick and continued the behavior. I finally woke up a couple days later feeling very scared of food and realized how ridiculous that was since I am the one in CONTROL not the sugar cookie. (even though they were cute little gingerbread men and reindeers w/ colored sugar--okay enough of that!!! hahaha) Your attitude is 100% correct, it is a lesson to learn by get right back on the horse and ride again!! Hopefully our lessons will inspire others to stay strong and continue forward even in those moments of weakness. Take care and enjoy being a "LOSER" LOL!!!!:) Time 4 me

oh yeah

Was okay at Christmas but the sweets were everywhere, school plays church plays. Dinner. I just decided this craziness myself. Back I went thank God I knew it was wrong. Good luck to you and stay away from those cookies lol

Angie hi you arehuman andvery honest. I too have had screw up days, but you got rightback on track. I was told we could have refried beans and cheese for protein i can understand the onions and peppers may not agree with your system. You have done really good with weight loss so far so don't be so hard on yourself. You've helpedalot of us and for that we are all thankful.i hope you arehaving a good evening. You arestill a success.
Donna

Hey i just don't see that you did anything wrong. You live in the real world where there are real foods and not just the foods you buy at the store and bring home and prepare. I think you made an awesome choice of foods at chipotle and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. In real life its ok to eat out once in awhile...its ok to eat white foods and not so good foods. The deal is not doing it all the time. But on occasion please splurge. Besides that like i said, you made awesome choices. When i go to Chipotle i get the burrito in a bowl...i get the pork, rice, lettuce, cheese, pinto beans and some sour cream..i eat like 1/2 of it but i know i am not going to eat there again for probably months so i don't worry about it. I love culvers also and i get the grilled chicken sandwich. I either do NOT eat the bun or i eat only 1/2 the bun. I also ask for cheese on it to boost the protein. There again, i don't eat much at Culvers but when i do i try to make good choices.

Back