• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Confidentiality Broken

I am new and just read this. I have surgery in literally a few hours. Besides my medical team, only me, my partner and my hairdresser know I am having surgery today. I have 3 grown children in 3 different states and a slew of family and friends who all love me and whom I love. BUT.. My weight has seemed to be everyone's business for my entire life and I have chosen to make it only mine. I didn't even tell the other 2 people that now know until I was well into my program and have hopefully made clear to them how important it is to maintain my privacy. I know Covid19 will someday be behind us and I will see everyone again and that they will for sure notice my leaner body (have already lost 40 lbs and can walk 2 miles a day) but I will honestly tell them that I lost weight from hard work. Which anyone who has been through this can attest to, I will NOT be lying.
Good luck today! :)

Back