• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

cravings are crazy bad

Exercise from a chair is possible - My local gym has two pools, one is a therapy pool. It actually has a lift that they use to put patients, and their chiars, in the pool.

That said, ask the doc if in your area ther eis such a thing. Most ymca's have it. Fortunately my gym was started by the hospital and the heart surgeons there, more for cardiac recovery work, but it is as big and better than most ymca's. Depending on what the gym has you probably will qualify for therapy after surgery. and water therapy is awesome. The reduced stress on joints and mobility created with the water are exceptionally good. I started in the gym the day after i returned home from the hospital, staples and all. I went with my 70+ year old dad. I walked half a lap on the track, waited 5 minutes, then walked the other half. I used the rucumberant stepper, that does legs and arms, but you sit down like in a chair and move your legs and arms. No stress on knees and ankles. Helped me get my breathing and cardio up. Is awesome way. When i had shoulder therapy after a wreck i used a recumberant bike, just for my shoulders, got my heart wreck up and it burns calories. Was really cool.

Back