• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Curious

sharoni50

I had my bypass Feb.4th 2013. I have lost 66 pounds so far. I am finding now that I am losing my weigh very slowly. Like one pound at a time. I am obsessed with the scale.(I know I shouldnt be) I go through periods that I think I am done losing weight because I didnot lose anythig for a week. Since my surgery I cannot get enough fruit, and they are hight in carbs, should I be eating alot of fruit? Does everyone get to a point where they lose like 1 pound a week? Am I epecting to much? I feel very anious at times. I do water aerobics, joined pilates, and walk. HELP!!!!

One question that Dennis didn't ask, how are you clothes fitting? Are they looser? I went through a six week period where I lost maybe a pound or two, but I lost almost 6" from my waist. I had just started serious, four to 5 times a week working out at the gym. I was converting fat to muscle and since muscle weighs more than fat, I was losing inches but not pounds. This may apply to you. Now to the other issues:

1. You know you shouldn't be obsessed with the scale, then remove it from the house if you can't avoid standing on it every day. Weigh yourself once a week or once every other week.

2. Fruits in moderation are ok, but first and foremost you must be getting in your protein and water. Weight will not come off if you are not getting enough protein and water.

3. Not knowing your starting weight, goal weight or current weight, it's hard to say, but the closer you get to your goal, the slower the weight will come off. You've lost 66 pounds since February, you're doing great.

4. This tool requires work, hard work, it is not easy, so when it looks like everything is at a standstill, double down on your efforts, don't give in. You went through a lot, with the qualifying for the surgery and the surgery itself. Don't let a minor bump in the road stop you. I carry a picture of my grandson with me, he's the reason I'm going down this road, so when I'm feeling down and like I want to give up, I look at his picture and remind myself why I'm on this journey.

5. Lastly, you may want to consider counseling to see what is prompting your behavior, since you know what to do and seem to be doing things you know you shouldn't. A therapist may help you unlock that ferocious you that can whip this weight loss.

You can do this, and we're happy to help and support you, but you must make the changes needed to be successful.

Keep us up to date and let us know if you have additional questions.

Frank

:cool:

question concerning water

I am trying to get in as much water as possible but I work 3rd shift in a lab. I get in 16 ozs in about 4 hours, then I have wait 30 min and have protein and then 30 minutes later I start drinking again. With the rest of my time before going to sleep I am getting another 16 to 24 ozs of water. Am I taking too long to drink 16oz? How are you getting it all in with all the 30 minutes before and after eating? As of now most of my protein is in the form of shots because I no longer like protein powder or shakes. It has only been 2 weeks and 4 days since my surgery. I would like my urine to go back to being clear. Thanks for any advice Susan

sharoni50

Everyone woman needs a certain amount of carbs. If you are craving fruit you may want to look at your overall diet and see if certain nutrients are not being met. As we all know when you crave healthy foods you are missing something in your diet. I myself am craving tomato. I talked to the nutritionist and she told me how to split my carbs, proteins and vegetable so that I am getting the correct amounts of everything. I had to add a little oil to my diet because what I have been eating contained almost no fat which according to her can bad. I would suggest you look up the vitamins found in the fruit you crave online to see if those are found in your multivitamin. Also most fruits are high in water so do a double check to make sure you are getting enough water.

I hope this helps

Back