• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Daily Inspiration part 3

Sharon Stone posted this to IG:

Oh, man. Somehow I find this more motivating than any "YOU CAN DO IT" mantra. It says to me "Take a look" Not a negative "Oh, I suck because a/b/c/d .. z" but a real look at how I treat myself and sabotage my own health and happiness. This one is also going on the fridge.

Attachments

• 20210915_014210.png
    20210915_014210.png
    409 KB · Views: 41
Our local newspaper (yes, thank the Lord we are lucky enough to have one still) has a weekly column with uplifting topics.

I thought I would share a little bit of this if y'all don't mind.

The headline immediately caught my attention: "Baby steps are still progress."

The gist of her column was to remind us not to be so hard on ourselves as adults when we fall down, comparing it to how we encourage babies as they begin progressing from crawling to pulling themselves up to taking their 1st steps.

Babies instinctively know not to give up when they fall down while learning to walk. And the adults who witness them would never dream of telling them to quit after they failed to walk after those 1st unsuccessful tries. Boy, couldn't we all learn so much from babies!

She ended by encouraging her readers to stop striving for perfection. Be glad as you progress, and be as kind to yourself as you would to a child who is learning to walk.

The author incuded some pertinent quotes that I'd like to share.

"Strive for progress, not perfection." -- Anonymous

"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take a step." -- Naeem Callaway

And she saved the best for last, imho:
"If you can't fly then run. If you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Back